ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana and Her New Horse

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Diana and Her New Horse

This is my daughter Diana and her new horse Sprite. Sprite is a six year old TB rescue. He is still pretty new at this jumping thing and he is coming together very nicely.

Diana and Sprite by Pat Husband, on Flickr

Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 07-28-2018 at 07:58 AM.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Diana and Her New Horse

They both look great Pat. I'm sure they're going to make a terrific team Lovely photos as usual
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

They already seem to have gelled, added bonus of the horse being a rescue TB, so sad to think of all the ones that are not so lucky to get a second chance at life.

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    They both look great Pat. I'm sure they're going to make a terrific team Lovely photos as usual
    Thanks Joe They are well on their way to making a great team!! Sprite is Diana's second horse. Tom and I bought her first horse Nautica when Diana was 12. Today Nautica is 25 and he can still do what you see Diana and Sprite doing in the first post. Diana and Nautica are inseparable but she is going to retire Nautica from jumping soon.

This is Diana and Nautica at a cross county event last year.

DSC_4698-Edit-2 by Pat Husband, on Flickr
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 07-28-2018 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    They already seem to have gelled, added bonus of the horse being a rescue TB, so sad to think of all the ones that are not so lucky to get a second chance at life.
    They have definitely gelled Paul and agreed, too many horse did not get that second chance. In Sprite's case the first owner fell to hard times and and he lost ownership of the horse. A local lady to Diana makes it her mission to rescue horses and found Sprite in a slander pen and the rest is history.
    Pat

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Wonderful pis Pat! And what beautiful horses! Do these live with you and Tom? And Diana sees them when she visits? Or she moved closer? Such lucky horses...
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Wonderful pis Pat! And what beautiful horses! Do these live with you and Tom? And Diana sees them when she visits? Or she moved closer? Such lucky horses...
    Barb
    Thanks Barb Nautica lived with us throughout Diana's high school and college years. Diana rode when she could. Once Diana graduated from college and got her first job she boarded Nautica nearby. When she moved back to Florida after living in Maryland for several years she talked about getting a second horse. With two horses boarding gets real pricey and I suggested she consider buying horse property since she was in a market for a new house. She and Mike bought a house with a pool nearby on a couple acres, built a barn and both horses live happily at her place now... a win-win all way around.
    Pat

Real Name
    Patty

Pat,
    Both your daughter and her horse are so beautiful! They look so happy together. That is one lucky horse! I love these win win stories. I wish I would’ve read this story this morning instead of the newspaper so I could start my day smiling.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Nothing like keeping your horses close by. They are really social creatures and thrive interacting with not only other horses and farm animals but humans too

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    Pat,
    Both your daughter and her horse are so beautiful! They look so happy together. That is one lucky horse! I love these win win stories. I wish I would’ve read this story this morning instead of the newspaper so I could start my day smiling.
    Patty
    Thank you Patty, Diana develops deep relationships with her horses and she is really good with them
    Pat

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    Nothing like keeping your horses close by. They are really social creatures and thrive interacting with not only other horses and farm animals but humans too
    Definitely Paul, it appears you have horses in your life. Care to share?
    Pat

Real Name
    Jacklyn

like the name, Sprite, I like one syllable names for pets. Diana looks at ease and kudos to you all for rescuing.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    like the name, Sprite, I like one syllable names for pets. Diana looks at ease and kudos to you all for rescuing.
    His registered name is Lucky Lime Jacklyn hence Sprite. Diana bought him from the lady who rescued him.
    Pat

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Definitely Paul, it appears you have horses in your life. Care to share?
    Pat
    Hi Pat, thank you for bringing me back to the subject as I am probably still at the denial stage and my my emotions are still a bit raw. Last Boxing day one of our 3 rescue horses disappeared from our paddock (where I had let her out together with the other two at 8 am) without trace. We got her as a starved young Arab filly and nursed her back. I called her Dawn as it was the name we had chosen for our daughter if only we had not suffered a miscarriage so you can imagine how attached I was to her having kept her 12 years.
    I still have a 16 y.o. Maremma mare and a 13 y.o. Welsh Mountain pony gelding.
    I am into a bit of mix and match natural horsemanship (Monty, Parelly, Rashid...whatever makes sense to me), I had to completely retrain the Maremma as she had been beaten so bad she was just a dangerous panicky flighty nervous wreck. The pony fortunately had not been mistreated, the previous owner had purchased him and never got round to do any training. I limited myself to putting him to a cart and he really enjoys it.
    I used to ride Dawn with a Dr Cook bit less bridle and a treeless Ghost saddle, while I ride the Maremma and drive the pony both with a (bitless) LG Zaum - the wagon wheel thingy you can see in the last photo. I do not jump anymore as can't afford injuries now. Horses are barefoot, do my own natural trimming.
    Kind regards from a hot but fortunately still relatively wildfire free Italy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul Sabucchi; 07-30-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Real Name
    Pat

Oh wow Paul, Dawn is a beautiful arab. You certainly entered her life when she needed you the most. I sure hope you can find her in time. Many hugs, I have lost a couple horses over time...it's not easy. I currently have a 32 year old arab gelding who is showing his years and a 18 year old quarter buckskin.

This is Bucky

DSC_9382 by Pat Husband, on Flickr

and this is Diana riding Jake.

DSC_6878 by Pat Husband, on Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast