ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Paraguay’s at the same time as General Cure?

Registered Member

Default Paraguay’s at the same time as General Cure?

Hey guys, just a quick question. I noticed 2 of my discus going almost black a few days ago. They were still eating so I figured I was catching something early. I have a black background that I feel may have contributed to this, but they didn’t start until about a week after I placed it on the back. Because they were acting a little strange I started a treatment of General Cure. That was 2 days ago, and I see no change. The problem I see now is that the two that go dark seem to be getting picked on more, and are showing signs of fin damage/fin rot. I’m not sure if I should stop mid treatment of General Cure and give them Paraguard, or finish the treatment they are getting now? There are 10 discus in a 75 gallon ranging from 4-6 inches. The tank parameters are 0/0/10. I change 35-50% water per day. Thanks in advance for the help. Just want to know what my next step should be.

Registered Member

Default Re: Paraguay’s at the same time as General Cure?

*Paraguard

Real Name
    Filip

General cure(Metro/Prazi) is ussualy used for non eating discus and stringy white or odd lookin poop .
    Paraguard (malchyte green or FMG combo. ) is used for parasitic and protozoan infections .

Discus turning black , inactive and with fin rot may refer to a bacterial infection and neither of this 2 meds treat that .

It would be best if you open a thread in a emergency center and fill out the disease questionnaire step by step as thoroughly as you can . That can help us in better determining the issue here .

In the meantime , if they are the only 2 discus affected and you have a spare 20 G QT at hand , transfer them to a barebotom QT and give them lots of clean water.
    Last edited by Filip; 08-03-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Registered Member

Ok. I’ll try that. Thanks for the response.

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: Paraguard at the same time as General Cure?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmkm31 View Post
    Ok. I’ll try that. Thanks for the response.
    You're welcome .
    Here is the link of the questionnaire . You can fill it right on the spot and copy /paste it to the new or this existing thread.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete
    Last edited by RogueDiscus; 08-04-2018 at 01:29 PM.