ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discus.com

Registered Member

Default Discus.com

Hi all, discus.com had Brennan marketing some beautiful wilds. Can I do a reference check from this forum, if anyone has bought from them? THANKS.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Discus.com

HI sfdiscus, please read this thread http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...t-doesn-t-have and this thread http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...discusfish-com. Note that discusfish.com is now discus.com.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member Carolina discus's Avatar

Stay Far far away...as unethical as it gets!
    Regards,
    Eric
    Carolina Discus
    www.carolinadiscus.com

Registered Member

Thx all

Registered Member
    Real Name
    William

Agreed, terrible seller and not a sponsor!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schatz View Post
    Agreed, terrible seller and not a sponsor!
    I purchased several fish from him several months ago and all did very well and look beautiful. No disease noted and are like pigs from the get go.

So what if he’s not a sponsor or if he used others non copywrited pictures. Now a days it’s very common practice in business. Just take a look at aquabid. Minor indiscretion compared to what goes on today in the world, at large anyway.

It's not something I would do. It is unethical. If someone steals he will cheat if he gets a chance. I'm glad you had a good experience and saved a few bucks.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    I purchased several fish from him several months ago and all did very well and look beautiful. No disease noted and are like pigs from the get go.

So what if he’s not a sponsor or if he used others non copywrited pictures. Now a days it’s very common practice in business. Just take a look at aquabid. Minor indiscretion compared to what goes on today in the world, at large anyway.
    Did you happen to note the name on the boxes the fish arrived in Andy?
    Pat

Registered Member

To use a photo of something as a representation of that which you believe you will receive but rather ship to you something else is known as "bait and switch" which by in large is illegal, to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    To use a photo of something as a representation of that which you believe you will receive but rather ship to you something else is known as "bait and switch" which by in large is illegal, to some extent.
    Has this vendor been prosecuted for these tactics-- "bait and switch?.

I imagine that it would cost too much to be worth it. He knows that. It's why he keeps doing it even after being informed.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Did you happen to note the name on the boxes the fish arrived in Andy?
    Pat
    They came from J W in Florida

But so what. He's just a trans-shipper. Like just about everyone else.

He sold me healthy fish for a great price and was very helpful over the phone and with email exchanges. At most you can point out that he uses other peoples pictures but to brand him as unethical and sue him. Absolutely stupid IMO. Good luck with legal action. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I imagine that it would cost too much to be worth it. He knows that. It's why he keeps doing it even after being informed.
    If the case of "bait and switch" is as solid and widespread as has been stated here, it is common that a lawyer would take case without payment until judgement is rendered.

Registered Member

Using someone else's photos without their permission is a violation of f-e-d-e-r-a-l copyright laws. Does anyone care to mess with the U.S. (federal) government? Is it okay for us to break one law but not another?

Real Name
    Pat

They came from J W in Florida

But so what. He's just a trans-shipper. Like just about everyone else.

He sold me healthy fish for a great price and was very helpful over the phone and with email exchanges. At most you can point out that he uses other peoples pictures but to brand him as unethical and sue him. Absolutely stupid IMO. Good luck with legal action. LOL
    This what I figured Andy. However the owner discus.com is a discus broker, not a trans-shipper. When discus are sold thru discus.com Michael contacts any discus vendor who will work for him and send him the buyer's order which the discus vendor then ships to the buyer. Hopefully the buyer gets fish close to what he ordered. To the best of my knowledge the only discus vendor working with Michael is Gabe at Wattleys. Michael does not actually have any fish on his premises even thru the website claims to have 30,000 discus on site.

Here the buyer did not get the fish he ordered and it was not close enough to make him happy http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...s-exact-discus.

So this guy is simply clever at building websites.
    Pat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast