AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discus.com

Default Re: Discus.com

I'm not even going to bother following this thread anymore. As far as I'm concerned, this seller is pond scum. Anyone thinking otherwise is welcome to their own opinion.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

+1
    The claims on his website are blatant lies, and he steals other people's property shamelessly. Great bloke, NOT.
    Last edited by danotaylor; 12-26-2019 at 10:22 PM.

There are numerous ways of dealing with this issue.
    Why nothing has been done after all this time makes no sense to me.
    Start here:
    https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints

Registered Member
    Real Name
    William

Sorry Andy, I completely disagree with you and Michael Li, Discus.com, especially when it’s a sponsor of this site. The fact you think it’s funny is a bit concerning? With that said, I’m with team Kenny!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schatz View Post
    Sorry Andy, I completely disagree with you and Michael Li, Discus.com, especially when it’s a sponsor of this site. The fact you think it’s funny is a bit concerning? With that said, I’m with team Kenny!
    Turns out I disagree with myself as well. A few weeks ago wanted levamisole and he had it. Ordered other bulk medicines as well. I told him that I'd be happy to say something nice on this forum on his behalf. He then accused me of goading him and said that I started a very negative campaign against him on simply 3 years ago. I wasnt even posting 3 years ago. When I cancelled the order he took 20% restocking fee which I got back from credit card. He certainly is a jerk. Unfortunately it is not illegal to be a jerk in America

Registered Member

I like their blog articles a lot over at discus.com.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxboy View Post
    I like their blog articles a lot over at discus.com.
    Based on all else said how would one know if Discus.com was the original author of any blog posting? Appears the Kenny/Forrest photos are still being used. To use a copyright photo with out the creator's consent is a violation of civil law. Al and I have a mutual friend whose photo was used with out his permission. Once prosecuted the penalty was $2,000 per use, in that instance. I stopped counting at 200 separate copyright violations which could mean that if Kenny ever got serious about the infringement and at $2,000 per that could amount to a $400,000 payday and Discus.com out of business?

Real Name
    Willie

Infringers usually operate with impunity because

1) the cost of litigation is significant and the process will take longer than a year during which time the infringer can continue without further jeopardy,
    2) even if they're found guilty, juries very seldom agree to large penalties in cases that do not involve human suffering,
    3) even if a financial penalty is awarded, collecting the funds typically involves a separate legal proceeding, and
    4) the defendant can declare bankruptcy to avoid payment. If they set up the business as an LLC, then bankruptcy would only cover the business, not themselves.

Large companies have in-house legal staff to pursue civil cases, so much lower levels of additional spending are required. For small companies and individuals, using an outside firm almost always ensure a further loss. Sad to say, that's reality.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

Diccus.com because they hijack others photos for use on their website is not only defrauding potential customers but infringing on copyright laws. Are the fish that they sell that much better than fish sold by anyone else where someone would be compelled to buy from them? You will see the parallel between Discus.com and the term "horse trading" as explained in the following definition.

Horse trading, in its literal sense, is the buying and selling of horses, also called "horse dealing.” Due to the difficulties in evaluating the merits of a horse offered for sale, the sale of horses offered great opportunities for dishonesty, leading to use of the term horse trading (or horsetrading) to refer to complex bargaining or other transactions, such as political vote trading. It was expected that horse sellers would capitalize on these opportunities and so those who dealt in horses gained a reputation for underhanded business practices.

Hey guys, lets lay off the political stuff. It only leads to bad feelings. Mama bear is being nice.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Hey guys, lets lay off the political stuff. It only leads to bad feelings. Mama bear is being nice.
    Hey guys, like Mama bear requests, take the politics to pm.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

I know this is an old thread but I also wanted to add that I ordered from discus.com and got some unreal wilds from him. His communication was instant and I saved a lot of money. The wilds I got were extremely nice. Ya I get he uses peoples pics and these aren’t his own fish but he still provided some really really nice fish

Real Name
    Tom

Yes but why take the chance. It’s like playing Russian roulette. Yeah you may get something good or you might get nothing but aggravation. Who needs it? Enough reliable sellers sponsored here.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Dicsus34 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I also wanted to add that I ordered from discus.com and got some unreal wilds from him. His communication was instant and I saved a lot of money. The wilds I got were extremely nice. Ya I get he uses peoples pics and these aren’t his own fish but he still provided some really really nice fish
    Hi, good to hear you were one of the lucky ones who had a positive experience. Who's name was on the shipping boxes?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Tom

Lol that’s the whole truth! This guys got a store front. That’s it! No breeding no holding tanks just a name and a store front. If you want to deal with a middle man who has no clue what he’s selling. He’s your man!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast