AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 more dog food bowls please

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Default 3 more dog food bowls please

Just added another 3 rescues.
    Got a 15 year old female toy Pincher, someone took her to a vet friend of mine to be put down, he refused because there was nothing wrong with the dog except for a fair few miles on the clock. She is the one in the duck dingy (if it was not made to float I would say we have touched rock bottom!)
    Then there is a 7 year old setter from Sicily, was found unconscious and close to death mostly because of Leishmaniasis, friends of ours there managed to fix him but then had nowhere to keep him.
    Then there is a sleek 3 year old from the local rescue, been with them since a puppy but always overlooked by adopters.
    They have all taken very well to their new forever home and the multitude of new brothers and sisters
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: 3 more dog food bowls please

Very cool for you to that Paul and beautiful new fur babies. Do the new fur babies have their forever home with you and your family? So how many do you have?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Super cute pic with the duckie lol

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Thank God for people like you. All three look so happy.
    Mama Bear

Paul, When I read stories like this have 2 main feelings.The first is angry disgust at the former owners for abandoning these animals. The other is happiness that theres people like you that care enough to not abandon them. There are people who should never have pets and then there are thankfully people like you.

Congrats on your new family members!
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

You are a very good man Paul! Lucky dogs to have been found by you.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Patty

I read once that with all the bad people we hear about, there are also just enough good people to give us hope. You are one of those people Paul. You make the world a better place.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Thanks, these rescues give back in spades much more than I give them. Current count is 28 rescue dogs (+3 I actually purchased) and 21 cats (got 3 new kittens a few weeks ago). I am just sad we can't really take in much more as we are pretty close to what we can keep in acceptable conditions (no one sleeps outside) and me and my wife can look after. On one hand it is positive that over here a dog/cat can be put down only if in incurable suffering or dangerous but on the other there are still far too many stray dogs, or abandoned or puppies born on the streets. Particularly in rural areas too few people are enlightened enough/willing to pay to have their animals neutered. Humane societies here still lack the means and organization required to really make dent. The situation is far better than it was decades ago but still a long way from ideal
    Last edited by Paul Sabucchi; 08-08-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    Current count is 28 rescue dogs (+3 I actually purchased) and 21 cats (got 3 new kittens a few weeks ago)
    WOW mate, that is simply amazing!! 1 angel for you, 1 for your wife

Real Name
    Chris

How wonderful! Congrats on the new family members. They all look very happy.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

You're not the only one who needs another food bowl, Paul. I don't have as many as you and your wife but I brought number 9 home yesterday.

Her name is Vasha. She belonged to the frail old lady who gave me my Malti-Poo, Chacha. Despite the fact that the old lady is a devout Christian and they aren't supposed to lie, the old lady told me that Chacha a good dog. Chacha was a terrible dog. The first time I left her home she presented me with a turd on my marble top table...she was a vindictive pisser and shitter! I only whipped her little behind when she chased the cat and I had to whip it three times, each time a little harder, before she finally got the message, but it took me a full year to turn this 4 year old terrible dog into a 5 year old good dog.

Vasha is not like that. She has been kept in a pen for 9 years, although it may have been better for her when the old lady's husband was alive. They had a shoot made that they could pour her food in without going into her pen. The poor thing doesn't even respond to her name. I fell in love Vasha the first time I saw her over a year ago when I went to the lady's house to give Vasha a nail trim. The lady is now giving away a lot of her stuff. My thought is that she's thinks that she's close to the end of life. She finally gave me Vasha.

Vasha weighs 40 or 45 lbs. She seems to be in good condition. I took her to work with me today and gave her possibly the first bath she has ever had. Her coat shines now. I have an appointment with the vet Thursday for an exam, fecal, and heart worm test. She has a lump that looks like an umbilical hernia but doesn't feel with one. When it stops raining I'll try to get a picture of her. Even though she's a black dog with a white tip on her tail and 4 white feet I can see GSD in her. I wonder if you will see it too.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tobi

Jesus Christ. And people make fun of us for having five dogs and some other bits and bobs. How great of you to spend your time and money on this. Living the dream and making a difference.
    Chapeau
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Well done, I think we are hopeless fools but it fills my heart with joy to know the world is a better place because you are in it! We are trying our best to stick to the current lot at least for a little while as we have a fair bit of training to do (mostly recall) with the latest additions. Having said this we did say we would give shelter if there is no other closer option to a dog from the UK. She is a pit like dog and with the strict BSL laws there she has been in police kennels for over 2 years while her court hearing keeps getting postponed. Over there a dog does not need to be aggressive, just "look" like the wrong breed. We made a similar offer before for a similar case in Northern Ireland but the court just had the dog destroyed. Looking forward to photos of Vasha, do you have before and after the make over? How are you and the Chow? Take care

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Thank goodness the lady gave you Vasha Liz...in a pen for nine years and doesn't even know her name how sad. So glad she is in your care. One day I will tell you guys Klouse's story...my daughter's mini-horse.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

She's not what anyone would call a beautiful dog. She has ugly double rear dew claws. I hate rear dew claws period, but double ones are always gross. I'll get good pics of her as soon as I can. I need a good head shot and a good profile. I won't take a pic of her from the rear. I didn't take a before of her but she looks the same except that her coat shines. I just used the same shampoo and conditioner that I use on most dogs I groom. She must not have had a bath for her entire life.

I know what you mean about not wanting to take in more dogs, what else can you do if you are the dogs last best choice. I feel less bad about taking this one in because she's 9 years old. I worry about the 7 month old mix that I took 2 years ago.

Saint Puppy and I are doing very well. Thanks for asking.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 09-04-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Mama Bear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast