ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Rain! I have Rain!

Default Rain! I have Rain!

Twice I have been in at work 12 miles down the road and there was a good but brief downpour. When I got home, all I had was enough to slightly dampen the ground. It happened again earlier today. So disappointing...

Now, I am having a good solid rain that I don't think will blow away in a minute's time.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: Rain! I have Rain!

I've described our issues here with drought and fires recently, but are you guys low on rain too? I thought that part of the country was doing OK.

Im in California, the smoke is so thick from all the fires around state that I can barely go outside-- it triggers my asthma. Rain would be a blessing.
    Last edited by Discluv; 08-10-2018 at 04:34 PM.

It's been very dry but not the kind of dry as you have. I just want the rain water for my Discus and we haven't had a good soaking rain in about a month, which was about when I decided to get the ball rolling on my pairs by giving them rain water.
    Mama Bear

My heart bleeds for all the folks in the far west who are suffering from the fires. Everyday I listen to the news on NPR and the fire fighters are making progress. They now have some reinforcements from Australia. Progress is slowly being made, but there have been so many homes destroyed, and so many people who aren't sure how they will go on. Last I heard was this morning when the big fires were 50% contained.

Trust me...If I could send my rain to you'all, I would do it in a New York minute.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

it's nice to hear the Aussie's from home are coming this way to assist...good onya mates!

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Discluv View Post
    Im in California, the smoke is so thick from all the fires around state that I can barely go outside-- it triggers my asthma. Rain would be a blessing.
    Hard to comprehend, but the fires in California are affecting the air quality, long-range visibility and colors of the sunset in Kansas City! This reminds me of the fires in Yellowstone so many years ago... I wish you all the best!!!

Real Name
    Mervin

I guess we're heading in the age of a new "norm".Hope we all get used to it.There are even fires near the arctic cycle this year.Each year there seems to be more records broken.We usually have heat waves that last about 3-4 days in the past but this year it's been here since the beginning of summer.It's real hard to find an air conditioner east of Montreal.