AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discus are fine. I am not. I think I caught the discus fever again

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Default Discus are fine. I am not. I think I caught the discus fever again

After I moved all the 14 discus to the 120 gal tank. I was thinking what should I do with the empty 65 gal. I end up getting 16 >1 inches fry again. Pictures was taken yesterday and they are 6 weeks old.

The tank was a bit too big for them when I got them. I lower the water and block off part of the tank spaces. It is like 30 gal now. They feel way more comfortable now and begging for food all day long just like their older brothers and sisters

Same drill for WC. 2 time a day with 90% fresh water each WC. I am looking forward to see them growing up with great health

FEB10c.jpg

Default Re: Discus are fine. I am not. I think I caught the discus fever again

Yes you have discus fever. Worry not. There are worse things to spend your time and money on, but there are very few better things.

Congrats on your new Discus!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

what strain are they mate? any pics of the parents?

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

You are well on your way to Multiple Tank Syndrome, this disease gets gradually worse but seldom life threatening! Jokes aside congrats on your purchase and keep the updates coming

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Yes you have discus fever. Worry not. There are worse things to spend your time and money on, but there are very few better things.

Congrats on your new Discus!
    Al
    Thank you Al. Also thank you for this forum. I have learned a lot from here. My experience of keeping discus are totally positive and enjoyable

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    what strain are they mate? any pics of the parents?
    Hi Daniel, the new baby in my 65 gal are Leopard Snakeskin.

Here is the parents:

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    You are well on your way to Multiple Tank Syndrome, this disease gets gradually worse but seldom life threatening! Jokes aside congrats on your purchase and keep the updates coming
    Thank you Paul for the head up I can tell I am on my way to multiple tank syndrome I can spend hours sitting in front of my tanks and just watch them hovering in the water, swimming in a group or chasing each others.....

Real Name
    Filip

Wow , that is some very handsome pair .
    Great potential in those juvvies Eugene , the real waste would have been not to grow them .

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Wow , that is some very handsome pair .
    Great potential in those juvvies Eugene , the real waste would have been not to grow them .
    I hope so too Filip. Keep the fingers cross.

I am giving them the best I can offer to them. 2 x 90% WC each day and feed them 9 to 10 times a day with fdbw, homemade BH mix..... The last batch of discus I have only take 3 months to reach beautiful 4" in shape.

20180813_230258 (2).jpg
    Last edited by eugenefish; 08-14-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Now that is a sight for sore eyes!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    Now that is a sight for sore eyes!
    My arms grow double the size too due to all the WC. Just kidding.

I learn from this forum that the best thing you can do to the discus at any age to make them healthy is one simple thing. WC, WC and more WC. I setup my tanks with electric water pump to pump the water in and out. The only problem is finding the space to store the aged water. Soon I will need to build a swimming pool for aging the water

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by eugenefish View Post
    I hope so too Filip. Keep the fingers cross.

I am giving them the best I can offer to them. 2 x 90% WC each day and feed them 9 to 10 times a day with fdbw, homemade BH mix..... The last batch of discus I have only take 3 months to reach beautiful 4" in shape.

20180813_230258 (2).jpg
    I love this picture. They should have a thread in the disease section for Discus fever, but the only cure is more tanks!
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Update of my 16 x 4 months old 3.5'' Leopard Snakeskin. I got them when they are only 4 weeks old. And now the baby discus are very happy and showing off their nice color.

20181109_122808.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by eugenefish View Post
    Update of my 16 x 4 months old 3.5'' Leopard Snakeskin. I got them when they are only 4 weeks old. And now the baby discus are very happy and showing off their nice color.

20181109_122808.jpg
    Alright!!!!!!!Looking great there so far! You have done well with them Eugene. I think you will have some super looking adults!

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Thanks Al. I am crossing my fingers and keep doing the daily 200% WC. Can't wait to grow them into adults.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast