AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discus are fine. I am not. I think I caught the discus fever again

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Discus are fine. I am not. I think I caught the discus fever again

Nice work mate. They look amazing! What is your food choice and feeding schedule?

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

They are coming along real nice, well done

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Nice work mate. They look amazing! What is your food choice and feeding schedule?
    Thanks Daniel.

I am feeding them with 2 feedings of FDBW, 1 feeding of home made beefheart seafood mix and 4 feedings on hikari discus bio gold.

The discus bio gold were given out to the discus on an automatic feeder and the rest are hand feed.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    They are coming along real nice, well done
    Thank you Paul.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    You are well on your way to Multiple Tank Syndrome, this disease gets gradually worse but seldom life threatening! Jokes aside congrats on your purchase and keep the updates coming
    You are right about the Multiple Tank Syndrome and it is not at all life threatening Paul Actually this disease bring out lots of fun and meaning to life. Watching them growing bigger each day is full of excitement.

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

There are definitely worse things than too many fishtanks! You are doing great

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Haha, I though I was recovering from the discus fever after growing out the second batch of baby discus. Now my second batch of baby discus are almost 10 months old and the colour on them are just unreal. I am not giving away any of them to make room So the only option will be setting up a bigger tank for them.

I just purchase a 210gal and will get it up and running by May. Lucky them and lucky me. My house for sure is turning into a fish house

Discus10.jpg

Discus11.jpg

Discus12.jpg

Real Name
    Patty

Gorgeous! I don’t blame you for wanting to keep every single one of them. I’m drooling over here.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

simply stunning!

Real Name
    Filip

Wow , you have grown some very nice discus here Eugene . But this thread was a growout of baby discus from a single ,LSS pair right ? How did you end up with so many colour varieties?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    Gorgeous! I don’t blame you for wanting to keep every single one of them. I’m drooling over here.
    Patty
    Thank you Patty for your kind complement. I am so happy to learn all the discus keeping tips from you guy and girls It made my discus keeping journey so much enjoyable and the best part of it I can sleep well at night and not to worry they get sick.......

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    simply stunning!

Thank you Daniel You guys has taught me lots how to keep them healthy grow to their best.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Wow , you have grown some very nice discus here Eugene . But this thread was a growout of baby discus from a single ,LSS pair right ? How did you end up with so many colour varieties?
    Filip, you have good eyes My 65 gal for the second batch (16 x 10 months old discus) canister filter bite the dust at 10 pm at night and I have no other choice so I put them into my existing 110 gal with their bigger brothers and sisters.

Now my 110 gal is a little overcrowded. I am on my way to setup a new 210gal for them. In the meantime, I am going back to 2 x WC of 80% everyday. I can tell they are happy with this temporary home as they are showing off their nice colour to me

The brown based red is a really beautiful fish. Where did you buy it?
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    The brown based red is a really beautiful fish. Where did you buy it?
    Hi Liz,

All my discus are from Canadian Aqua Farm. In total, I bought 38 baby discus in a quarter size (3 weeks old) from Rick. Every single one grow up and turn into beautiful and healthy adult.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast