ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate! Admit it , you love it!

Default Chocolate! Admit it , you love it!

We have had threads on all kinds of vices... beer,wine,cheese,cigars.... etc but I don't think we have had one on chocolate yet? I realized this as I savored/scoffed down a bar of chocolate with a side of red wine.

Seriously why does chocolate taste so.good besides the spike in dopamines it causes?

Alls I know is among my many vices, chocolate is one of the tops. Good Milk chocolate, 50,75,80,90 % its all good as gold.

What about you? Admit it you love it! Whats your favorite?
    Have you ever done a wine and chocolate tasting? Heck Chocolate even tastes great with beer! Ever hear of chocolate stout? It truly is the food of the gods!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Patty

Default Re: Chocolate! Admit it , you love it!

I love chocolate. If I’m trying to watch my weight, I eat chocolate covered raisins and I count em as a fruit. Lol
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Ralph

Great topic Al...
    I can say religiously I have 2 squares everyday just because of it's reported health benefits.
    It took some time to get used to the bitter taste compared to sweet chocolate.
    Brand Lindt Excellence 90% cacao

Remember as I kid I loved Easter holiday and would sometimes eat one hallow chocolate egg that came with a prize toy inside that were wrapped in decorative cellophane in one sitting. Got one from each relative that would come visit.

...Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Lindt Lindor milk & white chocolate balls...hold em in your mouth until the inside bursts out...AMAZING!

Real Name
    Mauro

I have bad news for the next generation ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/when...edium=webfeeds

Real Name
    Brian

I love chocolate, especially when it surrounds Heath!

Milk, 70% and the chocolate oranges that show up around Christmas are what come to mind.

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Anyone tasted the new "ruby chocolate"?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I too love a good milk chocolate. I have never considered mixing it with wine...need to try that sometime.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

It’s funny you mention that Al. Wine and chocolate are the perfect pair. I started that when my sister started popping peanut M&M’s with a glass of red wine. I thought she was nuts... pardon the pun. Not long after that eye opener, one of our local Finger Lakes wineries hosted a wine and chocolate pairing for $5! are you kidding me! I’m pretty sure I was the first in line that day. I was introduced to chocolate with sea salt and a good dry red. Since that day it’s become a favorite treat. Just one or two squares of a really good dark salted chocolate with a glass is the perfect dessert. Ralph, I’m with you on the Lindt the higher percentage of cacao the better, although it takes some getting used to for the folks coming off the sweeter milk variety. A dear friend recently brought a Lindt Salted caramel bar to share and that was even more incredible. The dry red really cuts the sweetness of the chocolate and they compliment each other. It’s a symbiotic relationship for sure.

Good idea for this thread Al. It’s going to be very popular.

Paul can you explain what “Ruby” chocolate is? It sounds intriguing.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Steve

Definitely dark for us. Any milk chocolate that shows up hardly gets eaten. We used to go so far as to hunt for solid dark chocolate bunnies for Easter baskets. We like the Lindt Salted Caramel Dark, too, but now we mostly take turns buying boxes of Sees dark chocolates for any occasion. We buy the $25 Sees gift cards at Costco for about $20.

Real Name
    Tobi

Nutella with a spoon anyone?

Also milk chocolate, anytime. Not a fan of dark though, but for some reason all the “grown up” flavors are not for me: beer, wine, olives, coffee to name some.

But more than chocolate I eat pounds of sugary sweets weekly, mainly sour stuff
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    Nutella with a spoon anyone?

Also milk chocolate, anytime. Not a fan of dark though, but for some reason all the “grown up” flavors are not for me: beer, wine, olives, coffee to name some.

But more than chocolate I eat pounds of sugary sweets weekly, mainly sour stuff
    Ha-Ha Tobi funny you mention Nutella.
    I never get the opportunity at the jar in my household. My wife and youngest sweet 16 daughter go through a 750g jar in 3 days max. There are many Nutella counterfeit want to be brands out on the market by none can come close.
    Thumbs up to Ferrero for creating this one of a kind chocolate spread.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

I'm a milk chocolate woman. It seemed to me that the general quality of chocolate has gone down in recent years. My suspicion was confirmed when I herd on NPR that the trees that produced the highest quality coco had a disease that few were immune to. A new resistant variety was developed but the quality or the coco was poor.

That said, These days I find the Lindt to be the best. When I get the rare craving for a chocolate at the check out counter it is either a Nestles Crunch or an Almond Joy. My all time favorite when I was a kid was a Tobler Noisette. It was a large chocolate bar from Sweeden. Milk Chocolate squares each filled with a hazel nut cream. Heavenly but no longer available. Oh and there's Cadburry's...Back when it was made in England it was wonderful.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Steve

I've been buying this instead of the cocoa in the store. Very tasty.

IMG_5344.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast