AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chocolate! Admit it , you love it!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Chocolate! Admit it , you love it!

LOL Al, emergency chocolate is a new one on me
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    We even have a box in our store room for Emergencies. Can't be without Chocolate in this family if there was a natural disaster ! The contents though has way too frequent a turn over.

Attachment 117709
    Well that seems very sensible to me, now you would not want to be in the middle of a storm/blackout/other emergency just to find out the chocolate is out of date, now that WOULD be a disaster!
    Last edited by Paul Sabucchi; 08-31-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Paul that sounds really Delicious! Im going to have to give it or a go.

chocolate I cant stand.. Palmers. The junk they put out at Easter. Its just nasty tasting to me.

I do enjoy the high percentage cocao ones 75%,85%,90% are great. Lindt is good but I think when you get to the high percents the differences between brands start to fade.
    I usually get "Green and Blacks Organic " or "GHIRARDELLI" here.

Ralph, 2 squares a day? I can't do it. An open bar of chocolate here is an empty wrapper

Nutella was a treat here when I was a kid... we couldnt afford it often and it was hard to find. Now its everywhere. I like it by the spoon for a sweet treat and add it to brownie mixes. That and peanut butter by the spoon are vices of mine.

I definitely don't snub my nose at good milk chocolate. I have a weak spot for cadberry milk chocolate. I also really like GHIRARDELLI 60% chocolate chips. These are like milk chocolate with an edge...Nice!

al

We even have a box in our store room for Emergencies. Can't be without Chocolate in this family if there was a natural disaster ! The contents though has way too frequent a turn over.

Attachment 117709
    Be sure to try it Al, your family will love it specially if it's served with raspberry sauce and perhaps a bit of whipped cream! Ghirardelli would be a great dark chocolate to make it with.

I agree with just about any chocolate being considered 'emergency' food - that's what it is for sure - when you crave it, it's an emergency, so it's good to have it on hand !

Btw, Al, when you make it I suggest you allow it to fully set up in the fridge overnite.
    I had some of mine last night after it had been in the fridge for several hours, and it was excellent but still a wee bit too soft.
    I had a small sliver again this morning after setting up the whole night, and it was firmer, and the consistency smoother.

Paul... you are preaching to the choir here... you sold me after the word chocolate...

Al... great idea. Right next to the batteries and the flashlight. Good thinking.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Batteries, flashlights, chocolate, beer,wine, salsa and chips and I think you can weather a storm for a while Jenene.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Patty

97169ECE-F413-48B6-8442-EE9AEE07A595.jpg
    A current “must have” for my emergency chocolate supplies-hurricane season and I’m getting ready!
    If the discus are happy, I知 happy

I've never thought that peanuts went well with chocolate. All other nuts, yes. But then, I'm not fond of peanuts except for boiled ones.
    Mama Bear

...other people's chocolate....LOL.....you get one bite offered only, and now that wouldn't be enough...LOL...off you go like a mad person with one vision in mind....have to get chocolate.....have to get chocolate...got to......

..a big chocolate fan here...

I 2nd the "Chunky" bars...
    http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    BTW folks, the chocolate torte is fabulous served with a simple raspberry sauce - easily made using some seedless raspberry jam - by adding just a bit of water and mixing well to thin out the consistency - heat it a bit in the microwave before spooning a bit of sauce over the torte when serving.

And if using chopped nuts in the recipe (I prefer pecans or walnuts), add these to the finished batter & mix to blend in evenly just before, or after, adding the batter to the spring form pan.
    I have company coming and I知 making this. Thanks for sharing your recipe Paul. Sounds perfectly decadent.
    Patty

Real Name
    Patty

BTW folks, the chocolate torte is fabulous served with a simple raspberry sauce - easily made using some seedless raspberry jam - by adding just a bit of water and mixing well to thin out the consistency - heat it a bit in the microwave before spooning a bit of sauce over the torte when serving.

And if using chopped nuts in the recipe (I prefer pecans or walnuts), add these to the finished batter & mix to blend in evenly just before, or after, adding the batter to the spring form pan.
    The torte is in the oven. It wasn稚 hard to make at all. I will have it tomorrow for dessert for my friends coming in from Michigan. It痴 starting to smell pretty good. Hope it makes it until tomorrow.
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    The torte is in the oven. It wasn’t hard to make at all. I will have it tomorrow for dessert for my friends coming in from Michigan. It’s starting to smell pretty good. Hope it makes it until tomorrow.
    Patty
    Good for you, Patty - thanks for trying the recipe - glad you found it easy to make, cause it really is - I'm sure you & your guests will quite like it - You'll be pleased when you cut into it after it's been setting up in the fridge overnite - very different from when you pulled it out of the oven the day before, when it might have been giggly and perhaps seemed a bit fragile.
    I like to serve it cold right out of the fridge - without letting it get to room temp - I think it tastes better than when it softens up a bit after warming up.

Looking forward to your telling us about your guests' reaction to this dessert.

Real Name
    Patty

I made it with walnuts and raspberry sauce and it was a big hit! Thank you so much for this recipe. It’s a keeper! So rich and so delicious.
    Patty

Good for you, Patty - thanks for trying the recipe - glad you found it easy to make, cause it really is - I'm sure you & your guests will quite like it - You'll be pleased when you cut into it after it's been setting up in the fridge overnite - very different from when you pulled it out of the oven the day before, when it might have been giggly and perhaps seemed a bit fragile.
    I like to serve it cold right out of the fridge - without letting it get to room temp - I think it tastes better than when it softens up a bit after warming up.

Looking forward to your telling us about your guests' reaction to this dessert.

Glad to hear it, Patty - that's wonderful !!!!

Now, some of you others who thought the recipe sounded good should definitely try it - right ?

Real Name
    Dave

So I love chocolate, the darker the better. I will take a few tablespoons of Skippy creamy peanut butter and stir in a large handful of Nestle toll house morsels... As to chocolate stout (beer) the brewery in town makes a chocolate white stout (think consistency and color of a light beer with the stout and chocolate flavor).

I bought a bag of Peanut butter M&Ms the other day only to find they were defective as everyone of them had a W printed on it instead of an M.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Just stirring up a batch of my favorite Dark Chocolate Gelato :-D
    My last batch was pistachio. . . and though it came out really good, I couldn't wait to finish eating it so I could make my favorite dark chocolate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123