AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobalt x Silver pigeon pair

Default Cobalt x Silver pigeon pair

I have some fry attacking on and off, not a big batch but I’m very curious to see the results.A1715D90-BC2F-433D-B910-BA9332F93D88.jpg
    Last edited by sanjay21; 08-30-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Cobalt x Silver pigeon pair

nice looking pair Sanjay. Out of curiosity, how many pairs do you have currently? What strains are they? Cheers

Real Name
    Bill

Nice looking fish! From what I understand most of the pigeons these days are generally getting "cleaner" as far as peppering is concerned, but is that something you would worry about or expect to see with this cross? Hope they turn out nicely for you.

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    nice looking pair Sanjay. Out of curiosity, how many pairs do you have currently? What strains are they? Cheers
    Thanks Dan ! I have a bunch of pairs I keep shuffling them. I only started getting success in breeding Discus just starting few months back
    Quote Originally Posted by Tshethar View Post
    Nice looking fish! From what I understand most of the pigeons these days are generally getting "cleaner" as far as peppering is concerned, but is that something you would worry about or expect to see with this cross? Hope they turn out nicely for you.
    Thanks Bill !
    This pair was not my idea, but Al(simply admin) shared a post recently on a pigeon crossed with a cobalt to get white butterfly discus. I tried to search for it but couldn’t find it. I’m hoping this pair would give me result similar to that thread

Real Name
    Patty

Oooh la la! I want to see what these babies look like! You’ve turned into quite the breeder. I hope you get the best out of these parents. I’m very curious, so I hope you keep us posted.
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Daniel

Nice one Sanjay...you got the right touch, the right water and the right system down for success it seems, good on ya mate...also looking froward to seeing the offspring of this pair. How are the fry from the rafflesia cross pair looking these days?

Real Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay21 View Post
    Thanks Dan ! I have a bunch of pairs I keep shuffling them. I only started getting success in breeding Discus just starting few months back

Thanks Bill !
    This pair was not my idea, but Al(simply admin) shared a post recently on a pigeon crossed with a cobalt to get white butterfly discus. I tried to search for it but couldn’t find it. I’m hoping this pair would give me result similar to that thread
    Hi Sanjay,
    Very cool... I remember seeing that thread and I was able to find it here: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?133041
    Glad you're experimenting. Keep up your breeding projects and you can become a site sponsor here as all of us will want your fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    Oooh la la! I want to see what these babies look like! You’ve turned into quite the breeder. I hope you get the best out of these parents. I’m very curious, so I hope you keep us posted.
    Me too not a big batch but maybe 20+ hopefully see some good variations.

Nice one Sanjay...you got the right touch, the right water and the right system down for success it seems, good on ya mate...also looking froward to seeing the offspring of this pair. How are the fry from the rafflesia cross pair looking these days?
    Hi Dano, yeah currently fish room is really busy I got a big hatch on a Albino pair, I hatched them separately so it will be a challenge to raise them. So the red + yellow pair are doing great. I see majority being Red based maybe because I started feeding tetra bits and noticed the change already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tshethar View Post
    Hi Sanjay,
    Very cool... I remember seeing that thread and I was able to find it here: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?133041
    Glad you're experimenting. Keep up your breeding projects and you can become a site sponsor here as all of us will want your fish!
    Bill ! you are awesome man

I hopefully get some blue butterflies like the thread Al shared in that post^. I'm not comfortable with shipping :/ wish I have someone in Utah that can do that for me. I started selling the babies locally for 10$ each.

Real Name
    Daniel

why not move to Cincinnati mate and I will take care of the shipping for you

why not move to Cincinnati mate and I will take care of the shipping for you
    Maybe I should ��

B342E2A6-0505-48D5-9A21-868142DC6BAA.jpg
    Update: fry on the Cobalt.

That's a good looking fish. Good luck with the kids.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    That's a good looking fish. Good luck with the kids.
    Thank you Liz

Registered Member

Hi Sanjay! good work getting these to lay for you
    I have a similar pair at the moment with one month old babies
    I have come to the conclusion that the white butterflies are the result of a selection cross from white pigeon and blue diamond
    The cleaner the blue diamond and the cleaner the pb the cleaner your babies will be
    From experience blue diamond x white pb will give 80% pb with pepper and 20% clean pb
    in the 20% clean pb you will get some nice clean white butterflies but most of your offspring will get the pb gene from the parents with pepper
    If you select the best offspring and breed back with your silver pigeon you will have higher amount of white butterflies

Quote Originally Posted by charaf View Post
    Hi Sanjay! good work getting these to lay for you
    I have a similar pair at the moment with one month old babies
    I have come to the conclusion that the white butterflies are the result of a selection cross from white pigeon and blue diamond
    The cleaner the blue diamond and the cleaner the pb the cleaner your babies will be
    From experience blue diamond x white pb will give 80% pb with pepper and 20% clean pb
    in the 20% clean pb you will get some nice clean white butterflies but most of your offspring will get the pb gene from the parents with pepper
    If you select the best offspring and breed back with your silver pigeon you will have higher amount of white butterflies
    Thanks Charaf !!
    That's good to know. Do you have pictures of your pairs and the babies ? would love to see them.
    I'll keep this thread posted on their progress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast