Kenny's Discus     Aquatic foods

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: starting bare bottom with juveniles hoping for hi-tech planted by Christmas 2020

Registered Member
    iTrader

Default Re: starting bare bottom with juveniles hoping for hi-tech planted by Christmas 2020

Hey Guys,

Happy new year

Well, a very calm start to my adventure in discus keeping continues.

The pigeon bloods are growing at an incredible pace. They started as the smallest discus purchased, some being the 6.5cm size as advertised but a couple certainly being a little smaller ( all this being understood as they would all be from the one spawn so veneration can be expected I suppose ), these fish have grown incredibly fast compared to the rest. One of them is now as of today the largest fish in the aquarium despite 6 weeks ago the Leopard snakeskins and solid fire reds being sold as 8 cm fish. I got to pick the largest of these so they were starting at 8cm and getting bigger.
    The blue diamonds Leopard snakeskins and the solid fire reds are slowly and almost imperceptibly growing but still going in the right direction.

Here's a couple of photos of the fish from about a week ago including the solid fire reds that were added then

Untitled by Michael O’Sullivan, on Flickr

Hope you like them

Mick

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Default Re: starting bare bottom with juveniles hoping for hi-tech planted by Christmas 2020

Well done so far, your fish are doing really well, I can just immagine how stunning they will be in a year or so
    My discus are not fat...just big fish-boned

Registered Member
    iTrader

Cheers Paul,
    I'm delighted with how They are growing and thriving so far. There is definitely some daily work involved like cleaning down the glass and siphoning into a filter-sock held above my sump so no leeching back into the water all day. It probably takes 10 minutes a day maintenance with a monthly sump and media clean which probably takes 40 mins to an hour as its thorough

Here's the latest video of the full pack, watch at the start of the video when they spot me coming with the food how they charge over to see can they be first to it. Coming towards the middle to the end of the video i do a little zoom to try to show some of the fish individually.

Anyway ......... here we go

Mick

iTrader
    Real Name
    Daniel

Fire reds look amazing Mick. You've got it goin on fo'sho mate!!

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Take a wild guess

You are going great guns, just shows how going about discus-keeping in a ----- (insert as appropriate: informed, focussed, single-minded, obsessive, etc) manner pays dividends!
    My discus are not fat...just big fish-boned

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789