pic of month     Golden State Discus

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: starting bare bottom with juveniles hoping for hi-tech planted by Christmas 2020

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Default Re: starting bare bottom with juveniles hoping for hi-tech planted by Christmas 2020

Holy guacamole! They sure are active and boy can they eat! Your choice of supplier is definitely as good as you said it was going to be!
    My discus are not fat...just big fish-boned

iTrader
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: starting bare bottom with juveniles hoping for hi-tech planted by Christmas 2020

Lookin awesome Mick! Great to see them all together at last. Looking forward to watching them fill out your space mate.

Registered Member
    iTrader

Thanks Guys,

Paul the shop is class alright, you mentioned in this threat a couple of months ago practical fish keeping magazine, This is the pre-eminent fish keeping magazine in Ireland and Great Britain and probably in Europe, I don't know if it reaches America but its safe to say its a highly regarded magazine among fish keepers.
    This is what its readers think of the shop my fish came from ..............
    Untitled by Michael O’Sullivan, on Flickr

Here's a link to the shops website.........
    http://www.seahorseaquariums.com/store/
    Don't mean to go on hehehe but i love the place. They even have the same core members of staff for more than 10 years with practically no turnover in staff which suggests to me that they treat their staff very well over a loooong time.

Thanks Dano,
    Three more Solid Fire Reds to go yet but very nearly there with the full crew!! Can't wait to see them grow over the next few months and years and see do they reach something resembling decent fish.

anyway..... thanks again for reading
    Mick
    ps I have no affiliation with the shop, just way to regular a contributor to their tills hehehe
    Last edited by MickO'S; 12-08-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Registered Member
    iTrader

Right,

Still 3 solid fire reds short of the full crew but the ones I do have are 3 weeks in the aquarium and doing great so far,

I'm satisfied with how the daily maintenance and feeding regime is going. I'm feeding 4 times throughout the day, feed 1 is pellets then then the next 3 are Stendker Beefheart product Goodheart. The auto water changer is still going along nicely and I'm vacuuming 5 or 6 times a day and taking all solid waste out of the tank.

Here's a little video of the crew

Thanks for reading and watching

Mick

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Take a wild guess

They look great! When are the last 3 arriving? This lot seems perfectly comfortable in their new home
    My discus are not fat...just big fish-boned

iTrader
    Real Name
    Daniel

Awesome Mick. Seems like your cycle is holding up well. Fish look very settled mate

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678