AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: starting bare bottom with juveniles hoping for hi-tech planted by Christmas 2020

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: starting bare bottom with juveniles hoping for hi-tech planted by Christmas 2020

nice Mick...assuming these are the red pigeons? Did you receive all the fish you listed in your order?

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Default Re: starting bare bottom with juveniles hoping for hi-tech planted by Christmas 2020

He said these are just a few of them, kind of an advance squad to make sure the new home is ok, the others are in temporary holding at the fish shop

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    He said these are just a few of them, kind of an advance squad to make sure the new home is ok, the others are in temporary holding at the fish shop

Registered Member

hehehe Yep

These are the advanced infantry marching ahead of the troops seeing are there any landmines or hidden traps to catch them out !

The fish shop were good enough to quarantine all my fish in 1 closed system together and let me take them a few at a time. If my water params are ok i'll take maybe 6 more tomorrow.
    If not they can stay together for a few more days in the shop !

Here's a quick clip of of them eating like little beasties already

This is the easy bit !! from all the posts I have read it takes a few weeks before disaster hits !!!

I'm waiting and seeing ...............

Mick

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Woah! Brazen little toe-rags. Going by their appetite once you get the whole lot in your tank they will easily polish the left-overs from Christmas lunch! If they all start off like this, as long as you keep up water quality, the other shoe should never drop!

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by MickO'S View Post
    This is the easy bit !! from all the posts I have read it takes a few weeks before disaster hits !!!
    They are ravenous lil buggers. Even polite to each other at the dining table
    Like Paul said, if you maintain good water quality you should be fine. IMO people start well then get lazy with their water change regime, THEN trouble strikes...

Registered Member

Ok the marching band has arrived to celebrate the successful takeover of the of new territory hehehe The advanced troops found no enemy hahaha

Lets hope that there are no enemy hiding in plain sight waiting to catch me out hahaha

On Wednesday or Thursday the top brass should be arriving to survey the new territory won !!!!!

I don't know where the war references came from............. it just feels like a battle being described by all these threads

so here are the latest photos of my 6 new fish !
    3 blue diamonds and
    3 Blue pigeons

Untitled by Michael O’Sullivan, on Flickr

I hope ye like the troops........

Mick

Real Name
    Daniel

nice one mate

Registered Member

Cheers Dano

Mick

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Congrats on the new troops Mick. What size are they?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Ahhh Pat ......
    I was either stupid or brave !! These are 6.5 cm or 2.5 inch !!! I’m looking for trouble but I hope to be able to stay ahead of it !!!!!
    6 more next week and they are 8cm or 3.5 inch

Love it so far !
    Mick

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

They seem to have a good appetite, if the next lot are as good all you need to do is give them good food and good whater and Bob's your uncle, don't worry, enjoy the ride!

Registered Member

This is them after 6 hours or so in the aquarium !

If you fast forward a little past a minute its them eating like little piggies again ! Even the new ones !!

The fish don't have that far to travel from Germany (relatively speaking of course) and the shops quarantine set up is first class !!

I can't promise there wont be more videos of them !!!!

It's as bad as when I was a new dad showing off all the photos of my boy to anybody who would look hahaha

Mick

Registered Member

Just wondering,

What’s the the highest ph that people keep stendkers at ??

The higher the ph I can the larger the water changes I can do !

Mick

Real Name
    Daniel

Mick the stendker.com website has instructions and parameters for their discus. I read through it in June when I was planning to buy from Hans. I believe it says a stable pH in the 6-8 range. You can click a button to translate their site into English. Check it out mate. It does also say weekly 50% water changes are sufficient with 2-3 feedings per day, and regime none here, myself included, would encourage. When I asked Hans about that piece of information he replied "well 2 would be better".
    All the best to you mate

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast