AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Not sure if sick but need opinion

Registered Member

Default Not sure if sick but need opinion

I have a 75G Discus tank with currently 5 discus. My smallest one which Ive had the longest ( about 5 months) has always had a big appetite, though he hasn't grown much and is still under 3". My other 4 are 3.5"-4.5".
    I got back from a 2 day trip recently and half my discus had ich. Apparently from a pleco I had purchased just before I left.
    Long story short, I took out the pleco and treated the fish by raising the temp to 87 and it cleared up within a week.
    Problem is while my smallest discus appears healthy and normal, he isnt as keen as eating anything thats thrown at him. He will eat freeze dried blackworms out of my hand but immediately spits it out. 9/10 things he eats, he will chew it and immediately spit it back out. I still notice he poops, dark little round pieces. I've tried soaking the food in garlic guard but to no change. Not sure what else to do but my concern is growing.

Tank is 75G
    2 Penguin Emperor 400's
    Temp 84-85
    Ph 7.6
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 10ppm

50% water changes weekly as well as an additional 10 gallons every other day during spot cleaning.IMG_2498.jpgIMG_2557.jpg
    Last edited by Hybrid_Reality; 09-10-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: Not sure if sick but need opinion

very nice tank. love the driftwood scape.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: Not sure if sick but need opinion

Try raising the temperature to 93 F for a week to help it's appetite and metabolism.