ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: HITH Question

Registered Member

Default HITH Question

Hey guys! So I just woke up this morning to look at my discus and feed them, but I noticed that one of my discus has a wound/ lension on his face. Is this HITH? If so would it be fine to treat him in the tank with other discus using API general cure? Thanks

FBF779AC-586A-4668-BE76-0DECBA5E6BFB.jpg

Default Re: HITH Question

It could be the early beginning of HITH, or simply a lesion caused by having run into or scraped itself on something.

Rather than starting with medication of any kind, for now I would suggest simply continuing large (at least 50% or more) daily wcs, if that's what you're routinely doing now, or raising your wc regimen to that level for a week or two to see what developments occur.
    Lots of fresh water can improve water quality significantly, and help to remove, stop up, or heal many little health problems such as that discus is experiencing.
    Last edited by discuspaul; 09-12-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    It could be the early beginning of HITH, or simply a lesion caused by having run into or scraped itself on something.

Rather than starting with medication of any kind, for now I would suggest simply continuing large (at least 50% or more) daily wcs, if that's what you're routinely doing now, or raising your wc regimen to that level for a week or two to see what developments occur.
    Lots of fresh water can improve water quality significantly, and help to remove, stop up, or heal many little health problems such as that discus is experiencing.
    Hi, thanks for the response. I do 50% water changes every other day. I guess I’ll up it to 50% everyday and see how he does. Thank you

Real Name
    Tobi

Definitely what Paus says, concentrate on best as possible water and food. Depending on what you are feeding, nutritional deficiencies can cause or contribute to this condition almost as much as water quality
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Quote Originally Posted by Jay’s Discus View Post
    Hey guys! So I just woke up this morning to look at my discus and feed them, but I noticed that one of my discus has a wound/ lension on his face. Is this HITH? If so would it be fine to treat him in the tank with other discus using API general cure? Thanks

FBF779AC-586A-4668-BE76-0DECBA5E6BFB.jpg
    Jay Id like to see some more pics.Your fish is starting to have a pinched look and though its hard to see from the angle of the shot, it looks like there more stuff going on above the eye and lateral line? Some more shot of different angles would help.

What do you feed,how often ? and how old is this fish? Take a closer look at the other discus in the tank as well.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images