ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speaking of food, your favorite that turns off your family and friends?

Default Re: Speaking of food, your favorite that turns off your family and friends?

I would love to take that challenge. I would bet that I could eat it and enjoy it. Indian spicy hot is different from Mexican picante. Mexican very picante food seems to burn your mouth forever. IME Indian spicy hot is very not but the heat starts going away fast enough for you to want another bite.

I haven't had a world of experience with Indian food but I know Mexican food. I lived in Mexico for 5 years and I mostly ate street food.
    Mama Bear

Default Re: Speaking of food, your favorite that turns off your family and friends?

Mexican hot food is a good place to start! The curries I'm talking about, build.. and build.. and build. Some of my friends have tried to eat them, and they end up all purple and sweating about 1/2 way through, then call it quits. :-)

It sounds like I couldn't handle it
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Wilie, I would have to be near starvation before I would eat that. I would eat lots of other unusual foods though. But in the Philippines a long time ago, I would not try a balut. It is a chicken embryo, near hatching size that is pickled or something. Looks just awful but considered a delicacy there.
    Barb
    I've heard of balut. Don't think I'd try it either, Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123