AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beach Comber

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Beach Comber

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    First photo is my favorite. I love the silhouettes. I need a landscape like that to shoot. Second is a great action shot but it just doesn't catch my eye like the first. I really need to blow the dust off my stuff and get back out there, the first image gives me a lot of motivation to do so.
    I feel the same. The 1st has a compositional element that just clicks with your inner photog! I'd hang that on my wall in the aspect ratio you currently have that in canvas. Love the colors, and bracketing was definitely as smart move. To make the shot perfect IMHO, you could crop a smidgen off the left side, just so much so that you lose that little vertical post on the left edge. That pushes the sun a little more towards the left of the frame and it all falls in to place at that point for mem. The birds in the foreground and the subject in the main frame is absolutely spectacular. You've shot many shots that I wish I would have done so myself. Very good shots i'm seeing from you Pat. Very proud of you

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    First photo is my favorite. I love the silhouettes. I need a landscape like that to shoot. Second is a great action shot but it just doesn't catch my eye like the first. I really need to blow the dust off my stuff and get back out there, the first image gives me a lot of motivation to do so.
    Thank you Matt, I hope you do get out there with your gear...really sounds like you NEED to do that...it's good for your spirit and soul so get out there. I want to see some of your images.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by dagray View Post
    very nice on both images Pat.
    Thank you Dave It's also good to see you back!
    Pat

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I feel the same. The 1st has a compositional element that just clicks with your inner photog! I'd hang that on my wall in the aspect ratio you currently have that in canvas. Love the colors, and bracketing was definitely as smart move. To make the shot perfect IMHO, you could crop a smidgen off the left side, just so much so that you lose that little vertical post on the left edge. That pushes the sun a little more towards the left of the frame and it all falls in to place at that point for mem. The birds in the foreground and the subject in the main frame is absolutely spectacular. You've shot many shots that I wish I would have done so myself. Very good shots i'm seeing from you Pat. Very proud of you
    Thank you Ricardo, I am loving the photography...Al was worried I had forsaken the fish but I didn't. Here's the crop you suggested!

Beach Comber 2

Real Name
    Ricardo

That's it! Love it. Tell me you can't see that hanging in someone's living room on canvas? What a great image.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    That's it! Love it. Tell me you can't see that hanging in someone's living room on canvas? What a great image.
    I can indeed Ricardo....mine and thank you!
    Pat

Real Name
    Dave

I would print this on metal from Bay photo (about $100.00 printed and ready to hang in a 16 x 24 size).
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12