ISO 500
    Cannon EOS 80D
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/attach...1&d=1537740493
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Tweet!

Hi Mark, there is a lot of great things happening here. First the bird is nicely in focus, especially the eye. The background behind the bird is perfect with great Bokeh. Generally subjects are not placed in the center of the frame but instead on a third leaving the rest of the frame for the bird to move into. It is a little hard with this bird as it is almost looking at you. If you allow I could suggest a crop?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Mark its a great shot! I agree with Pat on the background . Perfect for making the bird stand out.

Could you tell us a bit about and post processing you did to the image?
    Thanks!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Mark

This was taken in San Francisco at the Presidio while on vacation last fall. The bird just happened to land in a bush not 12ft from my 600mm lens. Actually i don't believe i did anything to the image but resize to post it. I fell in love with the new Tamron lens on the trip as i was able to shoot free hand and capture some great shots of Humpback Whales just past the Golden Gate.

Real Name
    Dave

I would crop this to be a vertical format as to put the birds eye in about the top 3rd of the image.

Dave
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Ricardo

Hello Mark! . Great capture here. Had I taken this shot I believe I would have used almost identical settings. I'm glad you chose to not open the lens more unless that was a lens limitation, I'm not quite sure what lens this is. Either way, great focus, perfectly exposed.

I must agree with the crop suggestions. Not quite sure about the portrait crop but I would definitely crop in from the top left in to leave more space on the right as it is a dominant side for the subject in landscape orientation.

Bokeh is beautiful and if definitely lends well to the subject and contrast.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Mark

The lens is a 150-600mm Tamron. The shot was taken on a tripod and the subject was about 12-15ft away.