AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Anyone with a fluval 406 filter know if mine would be broken?

Registered Member

Default Anyone with a fluval 406 filter know if mine would be broken?

Hi, I have a fluval 240L and a Fluval 406 Filter as well as the tank cabinet, i am selling these as since having a baby we just simply havn't got the time to keep looking after the fish, we have given thre fish away a while back.

I was today giving the tank and filter a good clean to get it ready to sell, when i was cleaning the filter i opened the impeller cover to clean the impeller, i went to pull the impeller out as i normally would to clean it all, and at the end of the impeller shaft was a rubber part that the shaft normally sticks in to, which in all my time cleaning the filter i have never seen before, now i can't seem to push the rubber part back into its place in the filter and seems to be really loosly sitting in place now.

How would i fix this or would it work fine when i close the impeller cover?

There is a pic below of the rubber part i mean that has come out stuck to the impeller shaft.

https://ibb.co/i2sErp

Thanks

James

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Anyone with a fluval 406 filter know if mine would be broken?

It is probably become rigid from being dry at room temperature. Try running it under some hot tap water to make it supple, install it onto the end of the impeller shaft and then use the shaft to push it back into its housing. I hope it works out for you!