Hi there peeps hope you are well,

I’m currently running a canister filter, on my 200L tank, which I would like to change. I cant really do a Sump and as my discuss grows I fear the canister will get a little light in the pants to deal with their waste so I have been thinking...

BADD5373-34F1-4471-97C2-36020192E60E.jpg

What if I made an acrylic HOB that is almost as tall as what the tank is and pretty much as wide as the tank. I have a 15cm space to play with behind the tank and the wall so could potentially have quite a bit of volume gain but more importantly provide me with some decent volume of media for a trickle setup.

As an explination to the picture... water will enter the HOB via either a drilled PVC 90degree bend pipe or via one or more ‘U’ bends and a surface skimmer. The first chaimber will have coarse sponge, the second will have finer songe and/or a heater and then the last chaimber will house the tricle media such as Siporax or BIO-home ultimate.

For the ruturn I was toying in using my existing 1100lph canister.

I used to have a reef ‘all-in-one’ system with something similar which was built into the sides of the aquarium and thought doing pretty much the whole of the back would be quite usefull

Your thoughts appreciated.
Regards
Jakes