ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Bill's Grow Out Challenge Thread 2018

Real Name
    Bill

Default Re: Bill's Grow Out Challenge Thread 2018

Thanks, Patty, that's kind of you to say. I do love words (sometimes to a fault). And it was fun to have an audience, too, without which it's hard to tell one's stories, or in this case, maybe to have kept up with water changes!

Seriously, the people following along have been unfailingly supportive, either with encouragement and also (I'm sure) in tactfully withholding criticism when looking at my discus! It turns out I pretty much crashed and burned as a contestant, but I think my current fish and I are better for having tried, and I'm glad to know some good may have come from the attempt for more than just us, too.

I know I appreciate the chance to learn from all the folks past and present who have posted on here and still do. Hope I'll have some time to keep checking in and learning about the hobby as we go along from here.

Real Name
    Patty

Liz keeps saying she’s going to turn me into a breeder yet. Ha ha
    Things are going to come up for a newbie that just don’t happen with experienced keepers as would be expected. It’s not even on their radar screen anymore.
    This challenge showed me that even experienced fry raisers have problems and that your contribution is every bit as valuable as theirs. I learned so much from all these threads and it’s great knowing they’ll be here waiting for me should Liz ever get her way. Ha ha. My hats off to all you.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Filip

Experience(good or bad regardless ) was the main reasons why this contest was started by Al and you've provided us with lots of it in your thread Bill .
    Thanks for sharing your ups and downs along the way here with us .

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314