AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Doesn't like stuffed chicken breasts ?

Default Re: Who Doesn't like stuffed chicken breasts ?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiscus View Post
    Just to stick my nose in, here's my recent post about how I do this.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...cs-for-posting
    I tried this numerous times, Steve - however I seem to be unable to drag the pic to my desktop in any way, shape or form - I'm using the 2011 version of Outlook - is the drag to desktop not available with this ?

Thanks anyway.

Real Name
    Steve

Oh well, sorry Paul. My Outlook shows the pic as an attachment, in the space above the message area, and I can drag it right out to my desktop.

You must have newer technology than I have - I'm a dinosaur since I have old Windows 7 stuff.

Perhaps Pat can show me a way to move my pics to a forum post (re-sizing if necessary).
    Last edited by discuspaul; 09-28-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Since yesterday, I continued to work with Steve's approach for posting pics, and finally managed to get the 2 enchilada photos in my PC pics file (before & after baking) placed on my desktop as icons. I also did the same with a photo I took of my finished bouillabaisse last night.

However when I tried several times each to post the pics in the relative threads, after sizing them 3 ways - 'large', 'medium' and 'smaller', none of them worked - -message being 'upload has failed' each time.

So I'm at a loss as to why I can't make it work - so when Pat has the time to teach me, I'll be looking forward to getting to work & doing it successfully. I really need help - this is so frustrating for me.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Since yesterday, I continued to work with Steve's approach for posting pics, and finally managed to get the 2 enchilada photos in my PC pics file (before & after baking) placed on my desktop as icons. I also did the same with a photo I took of my finished bouillabaisse last night.

However when I tried several times each to post the pics in the relative threads, after sizing them 3 ways - 'large', 'medium' and 'smaller', none of them worked - -message being 'upload has failed' each time.

So I'm at a loss as to why I can't make it work - so when Pat has the time to teach me, I'll be looking forward to getting to work & doing it successfully. I really need help - this is so frustrating for me.
    Guess they are still too big Paul. Do you know how to see the size using File Explorer? Are you using Windows on your PC?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Yes, I'm using Windows - how/where do I find the 'File Explorer' ? - never seen it, never even heard of it -

Real Name
    Steve

That's the folder, usually in your desktop's menu bar that has all your stuff in it and lists all you storage places. Or, if you right click on the windows icon in the corner, it should be on that list.

OK, I found Windows Explorer from that list, and by opening Windows Explorer, all I get is an img list of my pics, and when I highlight img 7643, for example, which is a pic of my bouillabaisse photo (which shows up at the bottom) and which says, among other things: " size: 2.37 KB"

Now, what does that tell me ? what do I do about that ?

Real Name
    Steve

Hmm. That seems small for a pic size, since that's almost a 10th of the maximum size. If that's really the case, you should be able to use the icon in the forums reply window and post it directly without resizing. Click the insert image icon. Select "from computer," then find the pic and highlight it again, and click open. You should be back to the forum window, and select upload. It would be added to your post.

If that's not really it's size, that might not work.

It's somewhat confusing:

In my computer pics library, I have 2 listings of the bouillabaisse pic - one shows the size (within the details of the listing itself) as being 3KB - whereas, when I highlight it, the small pic appearing at the bottom of the listings shows size as being 2.37 KB

2.37 KB is the same size that shows up when I click on the desktop icon of that pic, so that is obviously the one I had selected for the desktop icon.

The second listing of the bouillabaisse pic in my computer pics library shows the size as being 3,819 KB within the listing details itself, and then when I highlight it, the small pic which appears at the bottom shows the size as being 3.72KB (and dimensions of: 4,608 X 3,456).

In any event, when I highlighted and opened both of these listings to appear within the forum insert icon, both attempts at uploading failed. I'm lost.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Paul, email me the bouillabaisse pic at 2.37 KB.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12