AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In search of a soul mate frying pan...

Default Re: In search of a soul mate frying pan...

Although I repeated to you what I heard on The Splendid Table, I have an 8" non-stick pan years ago at a place where they sell left over stuff for almost nothing. I use it only for cooking eggs. It is very well made and although it has some scratches it is still non-stick. I just looked on the bottom of the pan to see the brand. Apparently they are available at Target and don't cost an arm and a leg. https://www.crateandbarrel.com/cuisi...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Julian

Default Re: In search of a soul mate frying pan...

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Well you know they do say you have a better chance of finding a soul mate through your circle of friends...so I will take your suggestions to heart here and maybe go on a few dates. But since you never know how dating turns out its probably best I keep my options open.So if anyone else knows of a good Frying Pan for me, please let me know.

Thanks!
    al
    Al
    I also a victim of the glass top , and I use an array of pans for the same reason

so this is my set up from cheap to expensive 1) For relative cheap non stick . I have an IKEA -365 , That produce good results as long as you use a silicone coated high temp spatula , it will last forever, until one of your relatives decide to make breakfast while visiting you and scratch burn the hell out of it.
    2) Stainless steel . I have two with about the same results One is a tramontina and the other a T-fal , these are not so bad as long as you re-season every once in a while and wipe no heavy cleaning. I can make excellents Sear fish with little to no oil "loupe de mer" style.
    3) Is my Cast Iron. And as we know they are no good for the glass top range , I use it in my outdoor brick oven, and my stand along gas outdoor deep fryer style burner.
    4) I don't own any Cooper at this time, and I waiting for , but my son just got married last month. and a collection of Sur la table is on the thoundsands and is better to get the collection that buy individual, the Nouvelle are really good too. as for professional reviews.
    I think when it come to pans is hard to have a long term relationship . We will have to be a bit promiscuous as there is not a perfect one.
    Julian.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12