AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: 150 gallon custom acrylic tank with discus and filters, all equipment, etc

Default 150 gallon custom acrylic tank with discus and filters, all equipment, etc

After thinking about this for a few years, I have finally decided to take a permanent break from keeping discus, fish of any kind, really. I kept going back and forth about it, and after my move to Baltimore I figured I'd give it another shot. But the fact is that I'm just plain tired of the maintenance.

So, if you are looking to upgrade your system, this is your chance to go BIG.

All discus are from Kenny. All plecos are from Al Sabetta. Those are the only fish in the tank. Tank was custom built for me by Artfully Acrylic: 7210 Gary Rd E, Manassas, VA 20109.

Discus Tank sale small 01.jpg

Discus in Tank small.jpg

Ruby Red - Rare small.jpg

Discus sale - pair small.jpg

Bristle nose Pleco small.jpg

Albino Pleco small.jpg

The pair produced wigglers, but I couldn't get them to attach.

Any and all items are for pick-up only in north Baltimore, MD. Please PM me if you're interested, that way I get an email notification. Thanks.

Kenny shipped these fish in November, 2017, so I've had them for over 10 months. This is what I paid:
    4-4.5" HB Tiger/Carnation Turquoise (select-grade, Forrest standard)--$88 (much larger now! beautiful shape!)
    5-5.25" Neon Sapphire--$138
    5"+/- White Butterfly/White Pigeon--$148
    5-5.5" Red Eagle (select-grade, Forrest standard)--$158 *from strain creator Martin Ng
    5"+/- Golden Lollipop--$165

The other two are Royal Ruby Red that I received this last July. Here's what Kenny had to say: These aren't pigeon-based but golden-based reds(with late Hai Khoon genetics) so they are considered to be much more rare than say Fuji Reds, Melons....they are priced at a premium due to their very low availabilities. This month I presold those 2pcs 6" (show potential) 3R $585 to a customer on waiting list, but as of right now I still have the 5.5"+/- 3R (select-grade) $325 available.

I'm willing to sell the discus at 60% of the price Kenny charged me, and of course I won't charge the shipping. If someone wants to buy all the fish together, I'll let them go for 50% of what I paid.

The tank and stand, once the fish are gone, will go for $1,000. Two Eheim canister filters will go for $45/each.

Pick up only. I'm posting this on Craigs List also.

Sorry for the poor quality pics.

I've also got lots of other stuff, a few smaller aquariums, R/O set-up, O2 tank, etc.

Please PM me if you'd like more specific information.

All the best, -Don

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: 150 gallon custom acrylic tank with discus and filters, all equipment, etc

Too bad, Don. Those are beautiful fish. If this was within driving distance, I'll be there in a flash.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

Default Re: 150 gallon custom acrylic tank with discus and filters, all equipment, etc

Really like the white pigeon/neon sapphire. I am in Asheville, North Carolina, you don't ship or coming my direction any time soon?

I'll be bringing these fish to the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society (PVAS) auction Sunday, Oct. 7 in Herndon, VA. Time for me to move them, after all these years. The cat will be disappointed, though . . .

cat on aquarium.jpg

Registered Member

He's not alone...

Real Name
    Julian

Don
    Sorry to hear , specially for someone that have been in the hobby for quite sometime , but I understand.
    Julian
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Richard

WOW i have never seen a BB look so beautiful, those discus are amazing man...how did it go at the auction?

Real Name
    Patty

Must’ve been a difficult decision. I love everything about this tank, especially the fish, but it’s all just perfect. Sorry you are leaving the hobby. You’ve mastered this one though.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy