ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Unknown strain juvenile

Registered Member

Default Unknown strain juvenile

Hi I have a few 3 inch juveniles and dont have any idea what strain they are. Please assist...mmexport1538294918658.jpg
    Last edited by jpg29; 09-30-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Default Re: Unknown strain juvenile

Definitely a brown based Red. My favorite. It might develop more color as time goes on. I see a hint of a possible ring on the dorsal fin but the anal fan looks nice and red but may develop the bottom part of the Ring as it matures. You just never know, sometimes they develop more color than you expect. Me, I don't care if they do or not, I like brown base Reds that are playing and brown base red that develop some cool color here and there. If you can, take a good picture once a month and post it. You will be amazed at the transformation when you do that. But when you don't do that then you may not realize the difference between now and 6 months from now. Try it out! I promise you'll enjoy it
    -Elliot

Registered Member

Default Re: Unknown strain juvenile

Good news! Red discus are my favourite types. I'm hoping for a halo and looking forward to the color development over the next months and years. I will be recording the changes going forward. Thanks Elliot.
    JP