ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I beg you for urgent help

Default Re: I beg you for urgent help

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Thanks for the info. ..it helps but still even if they were wilds direct from the amazon they can adapt to a wide range of water parameters is what I am trying to say I guess.
    I understand. So what do you suggest, should I still be slowly rising the TDS of the water?

One of the fish is eating just fine, it appears to have no problems at all anymore. But the second fish is dealing with fin rot and doesn't want to eat. It doesn't look emaciated though. Below I'm posting a recent picture of the fish who doesn't eat:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jeU...ew?usp=sharing

Also do I stop doing the daily water changes? Do I continue to bath the fish with fin rot in acriflavine until the fin rot is cured? Or maybe would you recommend some other medication for this issue? Or maybe should I not medicate at all?

I will immediately look for the types of foods you suggested. Some people say discus should not be fed live food as it can carry parasites. Should I ignore these warnings and just feed my fish those worms? I'll try to buy the best quality I can get.

Live food can carry parasites and bacteria but if its a question of starving to death, its worth risking imo.

Fin erosion can look like fin rot.It can be from nutritional deficiency from the parasite issues your fish probably had..Once eating again that can heal. I would not use meds at this point for it.I would consider a salt dip if the margins appear inflammed.

As for your water..You can raise that tds up if it makes it easier to do frequent water changes..it may even help with the fin issues by giving more minerals to the fish to use. I just didnt want to see you focus on the waters parameters here and miss out on the key issue which is enticing the fish to eat.

Hth,
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Ok so I will work on raising my water hardness, but will do it gradually because I don't want to cause my fish anymore stress or shock.
    I've been adding Seachem Discus Trace to the water for a while though hoping it would give my fish some extra nutrients. Not sure how much it's worth...

I got some brine shrimp eggs and will try to hatch it. Will also search many pet stores tomorrow for more options.

Thank you so much for your help, it means a lot.

the brine shrimp eggs hatched will be too small for them but if you have a local fish store that specializes in marine you may be able to find the adult live brineshrimp. You can also try the frozen ones ..

hth,al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Got it! It's the middle of the night here in Europe atm, but in the morning I will search my pet stores for good quality live food.

So I bought live worms today and both my fish ate A LOT of it! I'm so happy and so thankful for giving me this idea, thank you so so much Al.
    I hope that things will only get better and better from now on. Wishing you all a happy Halloween.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234