ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Discus Strain ID

Registered Member

Question Discus Strain ID

Hi guys got two new juvenile discus for a really good price though not sure if their IDs were right. Can you I'd those two discus below? Sorry about the quality of the photo, my phone is not really good for photo. One of them look a bit faded but They are both really healthy as they eat like pigs =) not sure when their colours will start to get stronger... They getting fed on northfin gold krill.
    Cheers.

IMG_20181223_144824.jpgIMG_20181223_144902.jpg

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Discus Strain ID

Looks to me like a red turq and a red pigeon blood

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

I’d second Dan. Also, how many discus do you have in total?

Registered Member

Thanks guys I got 6 in total. I had 4 only before but the blue Cobalt which was the bottom was quite sad. With these 2 new ones and after 2 weeks they established nicely and the blue Cobalt that I have is so much happier now

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

To
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael.dalmeida View Post
    Thanks guys I got 6 in total. I had 4 only before but the blue Cobalt which was the bottom was quite sad. With these 2 new ones and after 2 weeks they established nicely and the blue Cobalt that I have is so much happier now
    That’s exactly where I was getting at; making sure you had atleast six.. Good deal. It helps to QT the new guys for 6-8 weeks.

Registered Member

Yeah thanks I did quarantine them though for 4 weeks only, also gave them some kusuri wormer, not sure if I did right but they are doing great in the tank. First week there was a bit of resetting in the pecking order, but I rearranged the tank put some plants in and now they have never been better, doing 2x WC week, I've noticed a lot of people say daily wc but I feel like they get more stressed if I do that, so I'm just doing 2x weekly keeping nitrates low and cleaning the poo haha... Also managed to get them into the northfin pellets and is making everything easier.

Real Name
    Filip

Agree with Daniel on the strain iD .
    With good care , you won't be able to recognise them in less than a year .They will grow out to look much different and better than now.