ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: My first wedding shoot

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Default My first wedding shoot

Hey everyone just wanted to stop by and share some photos I took for a friends wedding. This is my first time doing a run and gun shoot. Let me know what you think. All shots done with a 50mm 1.8 in manual mode.

DPC_4328 by Devon Cropley, on Flickr
    DPC_3853 by Devon Cropley, on Flickr
    DPC_3848 by Devon Cropley, on Flickr
    DPC_4624 by Devon Cropley, on Flickr
    DPC_4718 by Devon Cropley, on Flickr
    DPC_4725 by Devon Cropley, on Flickr
    DPC_4723 (2) by Devon Cropley, on Flickr
    DPC_4696 by Devon Cropley, on Flickr

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: My first wedding shoot

Did you shoot in RAW, JPEG or both?

I think this is a good start and maybe better than my first wedding shoot.

A couple of suggestions for next time would be to shoot in RAW+ (RAW plus JPEG) if your camera will do that as this will give you a file to give a quick look (the JPEG) to see if you want to spend any time in post process with the image, and it gives the RAW file to do your post processing with.

Also if you underexpose the shots by a little bit (you will find where you want to be with a little trial and error) you can bring the exposure back in post processing and you will see that you haven't blown out any of the highlights, and that you have the full color range of what your subject (especially useful when shooting sunrise/sunset photos).

All in all you did fine.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Nice Devon on all accounts. The last image is my favorite.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Looks like you have been practicing Devon! Very nicely done.. The Exif data shows you did some processing, what software are you using? Are you working off Raw or Jpg?
    Software - Windows Photo Editor 10.0.10011.16384 ? If you are going pro you may want to pickup some more powerful software and definitely play around with working off Raw.

Honestly, I give you alot of credit. I won't shoot a wedding. Thats way too much pressure. Mess it up and its lawsuits and headaches....Probably why I prefer wild life.. They may not pay you but they can't hit you with a lawsuit!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Ricardo

Without checking exit or gimping, I will say that this is a good first attempt. Weddings can be nerve wrecking and I give you props for attempting it.

If you want C&C I will say that shot #3 needs desaturation at the top of frame. The purple is currently too distracting.

Shot #1 would have been s great shot to open up the lens or even do a stacked shot off a tripod with a long lens.

Second and third to last are my favorites

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com