ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Pip

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: Introducing Pip

I had a ferret that would hide silverware.

Darned thing would steal it off the counter and rat hole it in the bottom of the sofa.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Did you find it amusing? I smile and shake my head when Pip steals my dirty clothes.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Dave

I did find it amusing.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Patty

What a little cutie pie. Sounds like the perfect name for her too. Glad you found each other. She sounds like an entertaining little spirit. Lucky pup!
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

She is so hard to get a picture of. She's either playing chase or wrestle with Bruno or has her nose to the ground. I managed to get one of her sitting that shows the hair regrowth after having demodex. She still has some hair loss around her eyes but it is growing back. The other was of her as she was eating what was left over from the treat of scratch I tossed to the chickens every day as a treat. She doesn't always have a dirty nose. She isn't high in the loin and weak in the chine either. It's the way she's standing. She has a very strong top line for a long bodied dog.

Look at how smooth and shiny her coat is compared to pics from when I first rescued her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (162.6 KB, 174 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (112.9 KB, 173 views)
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 11-10-2018 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added something
    Mama Bear

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Her coat is now so shiny and much healthier looking. I love her ears.

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Darn she is cute Liz and she looks great
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Her coat is now so shiny and much healthier looking. I love her ears.
    Barb it's those ears that give her character. I love them to. Ears go up and down when a dog looses it's baby teeth and the adult teeth come in. You never know for sure what you will get. I hope they end up the way they look now. It's a good look for her.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

What a difference from the first pics. Her fur has grown in around her neck and is so shiny now. She’s got a new lease on life. Love those ears too!
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Steve

So Liz, is she a people dog, too? Does she sit with you?

She is enormously peopley. She can snuggle with the best. She has an strong independent streak as well. She's a little gutsy thing. She's a hand full, for sure. She kind of reminds me of myself.
    Mama Bear

She's 3 monthsish now. She is just as cute as before. Her coat is totally beautiful. In conformation she is close to what she was in the first pic but more muscular. If I were to call her a breed I would call her a long haired Miniature Dachshund mix. But we all know that she's really a Hwy 11 dog.

In temperament she is the same but more so. I said earlier that she often had nose to the ground. It was an under statement. Pip has the nose of a scent discrimination dog. When first took Sweetie out of the car and put her in the chicken house I did it before I let the dogs out. Then I let them out. Pip went ballistic! Her hackles were up. she was barking furiously and acting like she wanted to find the intruder while being afraid to at the same time. She finally found Sweetie and I had to scold her harshly when she tried to go after the poor confused hen.

I thought that she had a stubborn streak. I thought that she had an aggressive streak. She has shown me both. It's nothing but a little training won't fix but sometimes she needs a swift smack on the ***. She's smart. She's testing what she can and can't get away with. She gets away with a lot and I put my foot strongly down when she does the unacceptable. She's been eating the stuffing out of the arms of my arm chair. The chair isn't valuable so I let that slide. I whup her behind if she tries to take food from an older small dog by starting a fight.

She doesn't hold the punishment against me. We're best friends again once her arse has been spanked.

I need to take more pics of her soon and post them. I think she's a looker.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 02-03-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Mama Bear

I've had her for 4 months now. Will you look at how she has changed!

This morning she presented me with a dead rat. At least she was playing with in on the bedroom floor rather than on the bed itself. The last time she brought a dead rat in she was still quite young. I figured the cat killed it, even though it was on the large side for a cat. I'm wondering now if Pip is the rat killer. She's always looking for something to hunt. I'd like it if she turned out to be a ratter. I'd like it better if she'd keep them outside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Amy

Wow! What a difference! You should’ve named her “Lucky”! That Pup hit the jackpot when she fell in your lap.
    It never gets old seeing a Rescue dog go from utter despair and neglect to thriving and normal under someone’s love and care. I’ve done this with a few sad and desperate cases myself. Our current Pug Louie is our latest rescue.

Great Job Liz, she’s a Beauty and her mischievous spirit goes to show how happy and normal she is under your care.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Bella Clarise

You have such an adorable dog, she seems friendly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast