ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How old is too old ????????

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Default Re: How old is too old ????????

77yrs. & sliced & diced back, metal knees, & a bout of the big C. I have over 1100 gals of fish [no brains] i put on the ear phones & c&w music. You have to keep moving but set tank up to make things easy. Enjoy the music & good luck.

As others have said I don't see it being a problem, just plan it all out really well. If possible run a line to a drain, and think about how to run lines from new water containers. It's quite a bit more planning work, but then the actual amount of physical work is very low particularly if you buy some larger discus to start with. My tank is documented in my build thread, been chugging along now for few years now and I do 0 daily work at this point. It's all done automatically.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...-discus/page33

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Discus is for old people. The younger ones have too many distractions in their lives.

Willie
    That is very true. I am at the age of 53 now and I just pick up this hobby again since I moved away from this hobby 18 years ago. Now I have 26 active discus swimming in my house

Registered Member

I visited a shop today to purchase a Green Cory for my tank, fish arrive from Kenny tomorrow. The fellow there told, his store was established in the 60s, that he has noticed a growth in the hobby of late. Many of us seem to be coming back. I have said elsewhere when I left the hobby I was raising wild discus because that was all there was. I was so surprised to learn how many variations, and colorful ones, have evolved since the 80s.

OMG nah, you are something else I think you guys are on too something, my wife thinks there's to much to do but what can us nuts think of something else to do but raising these flat pancake of a looking fish. So with your guys permission and Al's FBW's I'll be taking the plunge soon, thanks for all the great words of encouragement. Jim in North Ridgeville, Ohio

Registered Member

Jimmy,you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by nah View Post
    Jimmy,you can do it!
    Thanks nah, that means a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12