AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: discus with red inflamed fins

Registered Member

Default Re: discus with red inflamed fins

Quote Originally Posted by slicksta View Post
    Matt
    One observation I've had with Cardinals is that they don't want to be involved at all in the cycling of a filter and though your readings may be good the filter may still be going through the process.
    Try not to stress about it. . believe me we've all been there and have suffered self inflicted wounds.
    Maybe one day I'll tell you how I out_smarted myself and poisoned my tank with copper pipe :P

Good luck and let us know how they're doing
    ok thanks alot ill keep everyone posted. ya all the cards and rummys and german rams took a big hit on this mistake lost alot of fish this week . another rummy died today everyday for the last week or so im still losing fish just hope everything gets on track soon would you suggest using quickstart a bio liquid that helps cycle tanks or are those things useless but im going to add that sponge from the aquaclear and put in my fx6 for alittle while to help speed up this process thanks again

I've had good luck with moving media around the get a filter going.
    Squeeze the sponge juice into the fx6 a few times and then leave some in there as well. Let it settle for 5 minutes and then when you first start up the fx6 cut the flow down to 20% for the first hour... then slowly increase the flow over the next 10 minutes or so until you are wide open. This way don't have a big rush of loose particles into the tank.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by slicksta View Post
    I've had good luck with moving media around the get a filter going.
    Squeeze the sponge juice into the fx6 a few times and then leave some in there as well. Let it settle for 5 minutes and then when you first start up the fx6 cut the flow down to 20% for the first hour... then slowly increase the flow over the next 10 minutes or so until you are wide open. This way don't have a big rush of loose particles into the tank.
    ok thanks ill give that a try what about adding liquid bio like quick start or seachem stabilize do those products work

I've never used them, but if you read the reviews it seems to be hit or miss.
    My impression is that it might work if you can get a fresh bottle that's been stored correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12