AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad frozen bloodworms?

Default Re: Bad frozen bloodworms?

Pat, I couldn't agree more.
    But my money is on those nasty little bloodworms as the culprit based on the symptoms and having had a bad experience this year myself.

Denise
    I don't know how much you invested in the bloodworms, but I'd toss what ever you have left in the trash.
    Like I stated earlier I was able to get a refund from my source, so maybe you can try that as well.
    As far as what is actually wrong with the bloodworms and what ailment they might be causing or how to treat it, I'm at a loss. All I did was discontinue use and my discus recovered within a week with no treatment. The Cardinals not as lucky
    Good luck

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Denise Heric

Quote Originally Posted by slicksta View Post
    I agree that a chlorine spikes are a real problem and that you should know as much as you can about your water source. Every municipality has their own practice.
    But the symptoms described, at least to me didn't seem to be a caused by chlorine and wondering how frozen bloodworms were initially thought to be involved and then quickly forgotten
    I wanted to eliminate any concern for there being extra chlorine in my tap water as to why I immediately had it checked. I still think the blood worms are to blame and will not ever buy any again.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Denise Heric

But my money is on those nasty little bloodworms as the culprit based on the symptoms and having had a bad experience this year myself.

Denise
    I don't know how much you invested in the bloodworms, but I'd toss what ever you have left in the trash.
    Like I stated earlier I was able to get a refund from my source, so maybe you can try that as well.
    As far as what is actually wrong with the bloodworms and what ailment they might be causing or how to treat it, I'm at a loss. All I did was discontinue use and my discus recovered within a week with no treatment. The Cardinals not as lucky
    Good luck
    I took the unopened package of frozen blood worms I had back to PetSmart and got a refund. Never again bloodworms.

Hopefully you'll have the same luck I had and the discus will recover quickly.
    Sad part is that the bloodworms have very little nutritional value and I would feed them as a treat and to watch the Cardinals frenzy feed.
    Good luck!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Denise Heric

Quote Originally Posted by fljones3 View Post
    I have had problems with any brand other than Hikari bloodworms. If they are "dirty" then they add to the bioload. Sorry to hear of the loss.
    Thanks for the info.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Denise Heric

Denise
    Good luck
    Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12