ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Fish arrived today!

Registered Member

Default Fish arrived today!

You may have read elsewhere they I had ordered 5 Discus from Kenny. These are my first Discus in maybe 20 years. I enjoyed watching them travel from start to finish via Fed Ex online tracking. Their efficiency was impressive. Right now the five bags are floating in the tank. I am waiting for my son to get home from school so that he can help me move them from bags to tank. A father/son adventure.

Real Name
    Frank

Default Re: Fish arrived today!

Quote Originally Posted by nah View Post
    You may have read elsewhere they I had ordered 5 Discus from Kenny. These are my first Discus in maybe 20 years. I enjoyed watching them travel from start to finish via Fed Ex online tracking. Their efficiency was impressive. Right now the five bags are floating in the tank. I am waiting for my son to get home from school so that he can help me move them from bags to tank. A father/son adventure.
    Fantastic! Looking forward to the pics!
    I got 10 from Kenny back in July. Great, healthy fish.

Registered Member

Exciting...I'm getting my 2nd shipment tomorrow! Kenny is the best. I am so impressed with his customer service and quality of his discus. What did you get?

Registered Member

Maddie, we must have fish relatives then. Since my mind held only 3 versions from 25 years ago I was curious to learn there were so many varieties now. I had Kenny help me chose the 5. Blue Scorpion, Red White, Albino Mill. Golden, Leopard Snakeskin, and Stripe Alenquer. The Alenquer because Kenny said it would remind me of the wild Discus. And you, what are you waiting for? Maddie I noticed that you and I joined the forum within the past month? Already by reading some of the threads I have removed the sand from the aquarium and got a cozy cat. After all of the fish were in the Red White took over as boss. Even though he/she is one of the smaller the others seem to prefer to follow it and the Red White was the first to try to eat the cozy.

Registered Member

Congrats!

Registered Member

That's so great to hear!!! The way I was introduced into discus was from my dad as well! Great father son times for sure

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Good to hear the fish are doing well. Great dad/son time also
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Pat, central Florida? Have family living in the Jacksonville, Gainsville, and Palatka area. Past wife but still friend was born in St Augustine.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by nah View Post
    Maddie, we must have fish relatives then. Since my mind held only 3 versions from 25 years ago I was curious to learn there were so many varieties now. I had Kenny help me chose the 5. Blue Scorpion, Red White, Albino Mill. Golden, Leopard Snakeskin, and Stripe Alenquer. The Alenquer because Kenny said it would remind me of the wild Discus. And you, what are you waiting for? Maddie I noticed that you and I joined the forum within the past month? Already by reading some of the threads I have removed the sand from the aquarium and got a cozy cat. After all of the fish were in the Red White took over as boss. Even though he/she is one of the smaller the others seem to prefer to follow it and the Red White was the first to try to eat the cozy.
    I did have discus 20 years ago as you did. I got the itch again this year and jumped back in. First shipment I ordered Tiger Turk, Red Cover Cross, HB Cobalt, Penang Eruption. Having them less than a month, those have grown amazingly well. This time I am waiting for Neon Sapphire, Golden Flora, Albino Golden, Forest White Butterfly and Red Eagle.