ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: DISTRESS CALL; discus dying one after the another

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Saif

Thumbs down DISTRESS CALL; discus dying one after the another

Hello discus keepers this is a distress call, please help.
    In a week four of my discus have died.
    First one because of HITH treated him Esha Hexamita separately but didnt survive the night. 2- 3 days later another one died. I treated him separately by giving salt bath and Hexamita.
    2 days later another discus died. I was treating the whole tank with Esha Hexamita as per the mentioned dosage.
    Symptoms it showed was swollen eyes. Belly was depressed it was staying close to the surface of water. And it was using only one fin to swim. Another fin it didn't use at all. Please let me know what I can do . What disease is it?
    three days later another one died
    From my side I did everything I read a lot online also asked in the local aquarium shops here. But to no avail.
    To add, I have been doing large water changes almost everyday. I had 13 discus now 9 in a 350 lyrics aqaurium with a heater (maintaining 28-30) air pump and an eheim professional 4+ for 600ltrs running at full speed. I have also started using sea salt 1 to 2 tbs per 100 ltrs water. any suggestons wold be a great help.

Default Re: DISTRESS CALL; discus dying one after the another

Sounds so much like "External Parasites". I would recommend you posting this in the "Disease/Sickness and Medication" section with the full details it asks.

I successfully was able to treat with lowered temp at 80F and using "Kanamycin" if you can move them to a clean tank that would help great ! else major water changes daily and Kanymycin.

But provide full details in the Disease/Sickness and Medication section for better understanding.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Saif View Post
    Hello discus keepers this is a distress call, please help.
    In a week four of my discus have died.
    First one because of HITH treated him Esha Hexamita separately but didnt survive the night. 2- 3 days later another one died. I treated him separately by giving salt bath and Hexamita.
    2 days later another discus died. I was treating the whole tank with Esha Hexamita as per the mentioned dosage.
    Symptoms it showed was swollen eyes. Belly was depressed it was staying close to the surface of water. And it was using only one fin to swim. Another fin it didn't use at all. Please let me know what I can do . What disease is it?
    three days later another one died
    From my side I did everything I read a lot online also asked in the local aquarium shops here. But to no avail.
    To add, I have been doing large water changes almost everyday. I had 13 discus now 9 in a 350 lyrics aqaurium with a heater (maintaining 28-30) air pump and an eheim professional 4+ for 600ltrs running at full speed. I have also started using sea salt 1 to 2 tbs per 100 ltrs water. any suggestons wold be a great help.
    Saif, sorry for your troubles with your discus. Need two things, a filled out disease questionnaire http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete and pics of the fish and tank. If you have an issue with uploading the pics email them to webmaster@simplydiscus.com and I will post them for you.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Saif

Thanks Sanjay would do the it.
    M
    May I please ask at what concentration did you use the Kanamycin?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Saif

Hi Pat and sanjay,

done as suggested.

Thanks,
    Saif

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat