ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard Dennis' Discus Fish Store as Sponsor!

Exclamation Welcome aboard Dennis' Discus Fish Store as Sponsor!

Hi all,
    One of our members got some really nice Discus (Danny) and posted about them. Danny got to talking with another member, DiscusPaul, about the supplier. Paul then took it on himself get in touch with the seller about considering joining our community as a Sponsor. Next thing I know the Seller and I are exchanging emails and then talking on the Phone. The short of it is we now have a new Sponsor.. Dennis' Discus Fish Store. Its a classic case of a seller making a happy customer and the customer passing on the positive feedback to others. Thats really what we want and need in our Sponsors and Thats why I am very glad to welcome Dennis Velkov to Simply as our newest Sponsor.

Dennis is a seller of Discus from Malaysia and Vietnam and also carries some very nice Sting Rays from them.

His website is ...

https://dennisdiscusfish.com/

and you can reach him there or by pm here at Simply. His user name is...Dennis' Discus Fish
    (Dennis Does work a fulltime job in addition to his Discus Business so please be patient when you contact him)

Its not often I can have a conversation with someone about how Discus keeping was 20 years ago so it was a pleasure talking with Dennis about his experiences both overseas and in the USA.He has a wealth of experiences and knowledge to share.

I hope you will join me in welcoming Dennis to SimplyDiscus! Dennis I wish you all the best and hope your business grows and grows here at SimplyDiscus.

Best always,
    Al

ps... a quick note also to Discus Paul. Thank you for putting Dennis and I in touch and thinking of the forum.
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 10-27-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Welcome aboard Dennis' Discus Fish Store as Sponsor!

Woo-hoo...g'day mate!! Welcome to SD...how exciting our connection led to this...thanks Paul for suggesting and reaching out to Dennis, thanks Al for working with Dennis and making this happen!
    Here is the customer review I posted on Dennis's website;

From the first point of contact Dennis was courteous & timely with his responses. As a first time online discus buyer I was hesitant & nervous, having been burned in the past buying african cichlids online. I wasn't the easiest customer due to past experiences, also being very particular about what I wanted, but Dennis put all that negativity swiftly to rest. Throughout the selection process he separated fish out and sent me multiple images and videos of fish I picked out from his shipment video. Dennis not only has amazing quality stock, but was very patient to ensure I was happy with the fish I had chosen. Even after choosing my final 8 fish, he allowed me to leave some I had chosen and take others when I visited his fish room (with my children) to collect my purchase. Dennis was informative & patient with me throughout the process. His fish room was spotlessly clean, every tank in impeccable condition with crystal clear water. All of his stock was very social & up at the front glass when being observed. The end result is a VERY satisfied customer who is super stoked with the discus I bought. I strongly endorse & recommend Dennis to any discus (or stingray, WOW) buyer out there!

Great that you are now a part of this discus community mate!! Bless ya,
    Danny

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Welcome aboard Dennis and you sure do some with some great recommendations. When you get a chance please do tell us more about yourself and your discus. Pictures are always welcome.
    Pat
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 10-27-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Brian

Welcome Dennis!!! This is a great place to talk discus!!

Great review Daniel!

Real Name
    Dave

Welcome Dennis.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Patty

Welcome Dennis,
    I went to your website and your fish are so gorgeous! I’m sure you’ll be getting new fans here after seeing your stock and reading that glowing review from Daniel. You sound like a perfect match for this forum.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Ralph

Welcome Dennis and congratulations in becoming part of the Elite Simply Discus Sponsor team
    Your web page and quality stock will sure entice many of the discus enthusiasts on this fine forum.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

I am no photographer, but for those that haven't seen the thread I started with the great fish I bought from Dennis, just click here; http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...3661-Finally!!
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 10-28-2018 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Pointed the link to the beginning of the thread

Registered Member

Welcome aboard Dennis!

Thank you Al for giving me the opportunity to be one of the many Simply Discus sponsors!!!

Danny, as always, thank you for your great reviews!!!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming into Simply Discus.

So, here is my story.
    I was born and raised in a small country in Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. My passion for discus started back in 1998. I and few other friends decided to get into the discus hobby. Our very first discuses were wild. At that time, there was no captive-bred discus available on the market, at least not in Bulgaria. We had to travel to Hungary to buy wild discus. I have no idea how the people in Hungary were able to import discuss fish from Brazil, but somehow they were successful in doing that. It was quite a challenge to keep the beautiful discuss fish alive. We were learning about pH and water hardness on a fly. There were no pH buffers or any other chemicals available to keep water at 5.5 pH. There was no such thing as RO unit either. Our discus tanks were full with driftwood and leaves, and because of that the water was always brownish/yellowish color. It was very difficult to care for our fish at the time, but we learned how to keep them alive. It was a great success. And that is how it started!

Back in 2002 I and my family legally immigrated to the greatest country on Earth, the USA. So, since then, either in my home or everywhere I go, I set up discus tanks and pass my knowledge and share my experience with other people for free.

I do have a full time job as Al mentioned, which takes up a lot of my time, but business is business. I will always try to respond to your emails and return phone calls promptly.

At the beginning of 2018, I decided to start my own discus business. By late April, I had my systems set up to accommodate over 300 discus fish and over 40 stingrays. I had to try a few discus farms from Asia until I was satisfied with the quality of their discus fish. So, that is how I made a decision to import only from the two farms in Malaysia and Vietnam. They offer by far the most beautiful discus on the Asian market. That is my opinion of course. In the very near future I'll be setting up independent system for breeding discus.

My goal is and will always be to bring joy into your homes through fine selection of Discus Fish and Freshwater Stingrays!

Please visit my website for more information. https://dennisdiscusfish.com/

Looking forward to meeting many new friends and customers!

Best regards
    Dennis

Welcome, Dennis. Good to see you here.

I'm looking for a couple of Discus that look like the guy in the picture. I told you in my PM that I wanted 2 females but I wrote without thinking. I need one male and one female. I want to cross them with my blue based classic leopards.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama Bear

Hi Liz,
    I'll send you few pictures of my Blue Snakeskins to see if you like them. These are the closest strain to your beautiful leopard that I have.

Best regards
    Dennis

Welcome aboard, Dennis. Your website is making me wish rays were legal out here!

Very pleased to see that you've come aboard, Dennis.
    I'm sure this association with SD will pay off for your discus business.

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Welcome. Best wishes!
    Kraig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast