AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 Gallon grow out

Default Re: 20 Gallon grow out

No real update. all 6 doing well ... one of them seems to be getting a tiny bit bigger than the rest already but it's barely noticeable...

_DSC7981.jpg

_DSC7996.jpg

These guys are still doing great- now eating all kinds of foods-- frozen brine shrimp -frozen BH and also a recipe which included shrimp, Tetracolor Granules, pea baby food and a little garlic, blended all - frozen then once frozen grated to small pieces.. WC every day of 80 to 90%.

will keep updating with weekly pictures so that in the end I can see week to week changes..

_DSC8041.jpg

_DSC8044.jpg
    Last edited by Maxx24; 11-12-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Yesterday i had an ammonia and nitrite spike.. fish started acting strange , less movement... ammonia level was between 0.50 and 1.0 nitrite 0.25ppm .. I believe this was due to the use of new food, I performed a 95% water change...
    One of them was really stressed-really dark in color just staying in one place on the bottom corner, he is the biggest one too. I wasn't sure he would make it thru the night. So this morning that all look completely normal, including the one that I felt was a gonner. It's a nice suprise , I just hope I made the water change on time to avoid long term effects..
    Also, I feel that the air pump I'm using for the filter may not pump as much air anymore, I'll be replacing that today just in case. I'm the meantime I'm keeping an eye on their activity level and water parameters..

Noticed some white poop from the one that was most affected by ammonia spike, hopefully it was just a single time due to stress and not something else...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12