ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Discus fin rot?? HELP

Registered Member

Default Discus fin rot?? HELP

Hey... I have had my discus for about 9 months, and recently I have been having an issue... I have lost 2 discus to a fin rot of some sort, and have been noticing signs of it on other discus. I do 40% water changes everyday, but cant seem to kick it... Anyone have any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Default Re: Discus fin rot?? HELP

Hi and welcome to Simply Discus.
    I would suggest you to open a post in the appropriate section

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...Emergency-Room

There you can copy, paste and fill in the following questionnaire. It saves precious time if you can give as much information straight away rather than having to tease them out one at a time.

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp _____

- ph _____

- ammonia reading ____

- nitrite reading ____

- nitrate reading ____

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

- RO water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.

10. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

Anyway going by the photos, if your discus have been in your tank for 9 months, they appear not in very good shape, they seem thin and stunted. The large gravel you have in the tank may be contributing to the problem as it will trap a lot of waste that will tend to foul the water
    Last edited by Paul Sabucchi; 10-30-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Registered Member

I am sorry... I will do that. Thanks!!!

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

No need to say sorry on this forum, we are here to help