Please complete this questionnaire if your fish are sick (copy and paste). The more details you can provide, the better we are able to diagnose and help you treat your sick fish.

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

I noticed about 4 days ago two of my discus are having fin issues, not too sure why or how this happened but nothing out of the ordinary has been happening.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

The wild discus has been eating, swimming fine, Not sure what clamped fins are, not sure what flashing is, has not been darting, not sure what clamped gills are, normal coloured poop, seems as though there is some rotting or as if someone has taken a chunk out of some of his fins?

The spotted discus has been hiding a lot, and has a bit of fin damage as well.

My other discus have been itching every now and then but not constantly.

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

Nothing

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.
55 Gallon Tank: 1.5 months old.
5x Juvi discus (3.5-7cm)
1x Juvi Angel fish (5cm)
2x scissor rasboras (fully grown)
1x bloodfin tetra (fully grown)
10x cardinal tetra (some seem to have fin rot but may be due to nipping?)
2x electric blue ram (3cm)
1x apistograma (2.5cm)
4x SAE (2.5cm)
3x oticulas catfish (2cm)

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).
Two water changes a week, 50-60%

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?
Tank has been running for nearly 2 months
It has 4cm thick amazonia soil substrate and is planted

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.
I do not age my water

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp 29 C

- ph 6.6

- ammonia reading 0

- nitrite reading 0

- nitrate reading 0.25 (was 10 but i cleaned out too much bacteria on my latest filter clean)

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water 0

- municipal water 100

- RO water 0

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.
I had a discus die recently, he was sick and i moved him into another tank and died within 2 hours. He was sitting top corner of tank for days and not eating, fouind him hiding scarcely in reeds and was badly damaged by other fish. Also had a yoyo loach die (for unknown reasons)

10. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

I feed my fish a small dose of black worm mixed in garlic guard once a day.
at this time I also feed some high nutrition krill bits mixed with high nutrition plant based food once a day.

11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.IMG_0584.jpgIMG_0588.jpgIMG_05882.jpg