ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Add some plants, to my Display

Real Name
    Julian

Default Add some plants, to my Display

Just add a few plants to my display, as well as some of my silver veil angels, have to admit they are getting along pretty well , just have to provide a bit more food at feeding time.
    fullsizeoutput_36f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_36e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_36d.jpeg
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Add some plants, to my Display

Looking good Julian. I have been thinking to add some plants to my BB set up as well. Just wondering if you happened to dip or clean the plants prior to introducing them? If so, what was your method?
    Cheers mate,
    Danny

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Heckels are growing on me. What are the browns? especially the one that sticks to the right side, by the angels? These look like Alanquer or Cuipeuas.

Real Name
    Patty

Tank looks so nice. What did you use for planters?
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Looking good Julian. I have been thinking to add some plants to my BB set up as well. Just wondering if you happened to dip or clean the plants prior to introducing them? If so, what was your method?
    Cheers mate,
    Danny
    Daniel
    You can always , dip the plants for a few minutes PP (potasium permaganate bath) when purchasing, mine came from my shrimp tank, so I didn't do any mayor cleaning just rinse with straight tap water for a few minutes( still is a gamble), the Amazon plant are potted in a faux rock or faux drift wood with fluval substrate very rich and similar to the ADA . The rotala is just tie to the fake drift and is doing pretty good as is higher and closer to the light , has excellent growth (has to trim occasionally). There are also floating plants a photo which is actually a terrestrial plant but do well in the water. I had a little bit of green algae on the background that I don't really mind.
    Last edited by Pardal; 11-09-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    Heckels are growing on me. What are the browns? especially the one that sticks to the right side, by the angels? These look like Alanquer or Cuipeuas.

The Browns are Cuipeua's from Discus Origin , has them since 2015 . They are from a collector name Wbsabby(my apologies if butchered the name), I have four Heckels one is actually a Blue Moon face, that although has fade somewhat still is showing his coloration and differ from the others really well.

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    Tank looks so nice. What did you use for planters?
    Patty
    I use artificial drift wood cut and customized to hold the substrate, I also have a porcelain faux rock for cichlids which is currently in its cleaning station (sherry shrimps tank).
    Julian