AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discus won' eat

Real Name
    Zac

Default Re: Discus won' eat

So I ordered some metro from Jehmco, and it was supposed to get here on Friday, but it shipped yesterday and now tracking says it wont get her until Monday. I have enough metro on hand to do 2 full doses(500mg per 10 gallon) for 2 days.

Question is should I do 2 full doses(Thurs and Fri) and wait until Monday to resume? Or do half doses everyday to get me to Monday.

Fish are swimming around more normally now and not hiding as much. But my leopard and snakeskin are still not eating.

I would skip Thursday and Friday and start the entire 10 to 12 day treatment from Saturday on. If Al thinks differently go with his advice.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Zac

OK. So tonight's water change will be day 11 or 500mg/10 gal of metro. I still have 3 fish that don't really eat much. One of them eats maybe once a day, the other 2 only seem to eat once every other day. They swim around normal most of the time, but come feeding they swim to a corner and hang out. Sometimes they do swim around during feeding, but ignore food. Have not noticed any white poop from any of them.

Have done about 80-90% water change everyday with the metro dose. Tank was at 87 degree for first 7 days, upped the temp to 91 for the last 3 days.

Other 4 are acting great and eating every time.

Any advice going forward? Thanks

IME they sometimes don't start eating until a couple days after treatment ends. Keep treating for at least 1 more day and keep that heat up high.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Zac

Thanks Liz. Will treat today and tomorrow for 12 total days and then see how they react in the next week.

Real Name
    Zac

Well, 3 days since I stopped metro(Thurs was last dose). I still have 3 discus hiding alot and not eating. 3 that act just fine and 1 that is somewhere in between. I just saw some white/clearish poop floating the the tank. Not sure from who.

What should be my plan going my forward? Start metro again. Not sure I want to lose a while 75 gallon tank again. I have a 10 gallon, but probably to small. Could go buy a 20l I suppose. Dose metro again? Something else? Treat the 4 with signs? Treat all 7 of them?

Real Name
    Zac

Any advice?

I think I'm going to put them in quarantine tonight and start metro again. Unless someone thinks otherwise. Is a 4 day break from metro treatment long enough?

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Quote Originally Posted by gotwins86 View Post
    Any advice?

I think I'm going to put them in quarantine tonight and start metro again. Unless someone thinks otherwise. Is a 4 day break from metro treatment long enough?
    I would start right away. Make sure you have enough medication to last you the 12-14 days and up the heat to about 90.

Medicate them in the 20 as it's less medication you'll have to use, and do not forget the large water changes daily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12