AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royal Ruby Red(Golden Based) x Red Turquoise Pairing........good or not???

Registered Member

Default Re: Royal Ruby Red(Golden Based) x Red Turquoise Pairing........good or not???

Thank you for telling me that.....it has been driving me nuts!! I will give it a try.

Registered Member

Default Re: Royal Ruby Red(Golden Based) x Red Turquoise Pairing........good or not???

Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 12-18-2018 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Fixed pic

Registered Member

BBC120E7-4E00-4E7F-A220-03D3BB9C728E.jpg

Fry are starting to get to nickel size now. I’m seeing some Red Turquoise (9 bars), Snakeskins (14 bars), and some solid barless fry.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Sweet mate. Watching with interest

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Can you actually subscribe to a thread? I want notifications from this one!!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    Can you actually subscribe to a thread? I want notifications from this one!!
    Yes you can Mando, go to the top of the thread and under Thread Tools you will see where you can subscribe to this thread.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Jeff

How are these guys coming along?

Registered Member

They are doing well......they are about 6 weeks old and are about 1 1/2"....a few bigger. Looks like I have Red Turquoise, Red Snakeskins, and some I'm not sure of yet. They are barless so I'm hoping they will turn out like the mother Royal Ruby Red. The pair just spawned again last week and I had over 300+ fry in the spawning. It was the first time I used Methylene Blue and had only 7 eggs turn white. I think I putt too much Methylene Blue in the water.......a lot of the fry had swimming problems so I just scrapped the whole spawning and look to try something different when they spawn in the next few days.

Here is a couple of pics of the fry.....this was from about a week ago.....they are starting to get more reddish now. I will try and post some new photos of them in the next few days.thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail (2).jpg

Registered Member

They are not very good pics, but you can see the Red Turquoise are going to be 9 bars and the Snakeskins are going to be the 14 bar ones.

Registered Member

Here is a few more pics of the babies and another pic of the pair. The pair is a really nice looking pair!!

I will probably start selling some of the fry in about about a week or so. They should be around 2” when I start selling them. I will have Red Turquoise and Red Snakeskin Fry available at first. I’m going to try and raise the barless ones up a little before I part with them. I will be selling them for $20 each or 6 for $90.00. I will consider bigger discounts the more you buy. NO SHIPPING.......PICK-UP ONLY!! I live in McGaheysville, VA (22840)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12