ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Moving House

Registered Member
    Real Name
    gary

Default Moving House

If i transfer 50 litres of the tank water the canister filter and heater to a large drum. How long could I keep the fish in there for whilst setting up the tank. I would like a week at least

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Moving House

How many Discus and what size.
    As it would typically be a holding tank with dark surroundings I'm thinking a week plus might stress them. However, having not done it before but see many importers keep Discus in just a set-up you plan on I might now lean on a possibility. Maybe others may chime in with first hand experience.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member
    Real Name
    gary

The drum is 60lt and 5 Discus with 5 cordys. I am trying to get a small tank but I am running out if time. I didn't know that's how suppliers keep them so thanks.

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by discusgaz View Post
    The drum is 60lt and 5 Discus with 5 cordys. I am trying to get a small tank but I am running out if time. I didn't know that's how suppliers keep them so thanks.
    Change the water daily and do not feed , or feed very lightly every other day , and they should be good in there with canister and heater .

Registered Member
    Real Name
    gary

Have managed to get a small tank. So plan is to fill with tank water heat it and put an airstone in it. Then move and set up the main tank asap.