ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tirelessly feeding and changing water, now confused.

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Default Re: Tirelessly feeding and changing water, now confused.

It is even uglier than the ones you already have, stunted, horrible shape and with lots of peppering. Have you watched Al's videos about how to recognise a decent discus?
    If not please do
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...TCH-THIS-VIDEO!
    For the time being if I were you I would put all the effort in doing the best for the fish you already have, at least the salvageable ones. If you start introducing fish from a different origin, even if good looking, you will be setting yourself up for another set of problems - there is the very definite potential of the fish from one origin to pass bacteria or parasites to which they have no immunity - generally called a bacterial cross
    Last edited by Paul Sabucchi; 11-27-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Registered Member

With the amount of fish and food fed that 30% water change every 3 days is not nearly enough. Most keepers i know change 50% to 75% everyday. Small Discus need good clean water or bad things tend to happen quick like. I certainly would not add anymore fish at this point.
    My .02

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Thomas

Hey!
    If I were you, I'd wait before adding any new fish to the tank.
    Concerning the fish you just saw at your fish store, it does not look healthy.

Have a look at the video posted in a previous post and you can also read this: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lecting-Discus

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    It is even uglier than the ones you already have, stunted, horrible shape and with lots of peppering. Have you watched Al's videos about how to recognise a decent fiscus?
    If not please do
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...TCH-THIS-VIDEO!
    For the time bein if I were you I would put all the effort in doing the best for the fish you already have, at least the savageable ones. If you start introducing fish from a different origin, even if good looking, you will be setting yourself up for another set of problems - there is the very definite potential of the fish from one origin to pass bacteria or parasites to which they have no immunity - generally called a bacterial cross
    Agree with Paul 100%. Also, that's not a red turquoise, it's a silver pigeon of some sort.

Real Name
    Frank

I would focus on getting what you have healthy and recovered. Personally, I would look at the breeders here on this site and not purchase any from this supplier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12