ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Spring sale!!!!! Loc:CT, pU/shipping avail.

Default Re: The Help me free up some tanks /Snakeskin Fry Sale... Loc:CT, pU/shipping avai

Thanks Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I too welcome you back!

I hope those fry grow well for you and make many more Fry!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: The Help me free up some tanks /Snakeskin Fry Sale... Loc:CT, pU/shipping avai

My 10 are ordered and paid for. Al will ship Monday. I cannot wait!
    Mama Bear

Thanks Liz!

10 fry migrating south tomorrow!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Hi, looking to get in the (Discus) hobby and eventually start breeding! i am originally from CT but am down in LA with the military. Do You still have fry available?
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by rgmaclaren View Post
    Hi, looking to get in the (Discus) hobby and eventually start breeding! i am originally from CT but am down in LA with the military. Do You still have fry available?
    Ryan
    I do Ryan, Drop me a pm with your shipping info and what you are looking for numbers wise and I can get you a quote..

Nice to meet another nutmegger! I envy you right now in LA... snows coming down here right now.

Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgmaclaren View Post
    Ryan
    If you need advice on PCS and aquariums, let me know. That's actually why I got out of discus and aquarium hobby for a while... it wasn't fun setting up, tearing down, setting up, tearing down, on and on... not to mention, traveling across the country in discus in a cooler and then having the house you were going to move into fall through.
    Eric

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericatdallas View Post
    If you need advice on PCS and aquariums, let me know. That's actually why I got out of discus and aquarium hobby for a while... it wasn't fun setting up, tearing down, setting up, tearing down, on and on... not to mention, traveling across the country in discus in a cooler and then having the house you were going to move into fall through.
    Hi Eric,
    Glad to see someone here who knows the struggle!

I have actually thought about trying to make a youtube video or blog or some sort of guide to doing this, not about discus but about aquariuns in general, I know it can be very intimidating and almost forces you to do a DITY move. During my first move from HI my 120 came in shattered from the movers, Luckily i wasnt counting on it for any fish.

Thats why I have actually stayed away from discus, I have been keeping African Cichlids for the past 7 Years because its easier to find homes for them and a smaller financial loss during each move. I should be at my last stop though which is why Im ready to commit the resources.

Ryan
    Last edited by rgmaclaren; 02-13-2019 at 01:21 AM. Reason: added more info

Registered Member

Hi Al
    Trying to pm you re: baby fish. I don't know if my pm's went through or not. Anyway do you have fish for sale.
    Could come down some morning at your convenience. Looking for 10.
    Jay

Just saw your email Jay, I think you sent me email instead instead of PM thru the forum as I have no Pms from you. I have fry and will get in touch with you . Hope that you had a great trip!
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

My babies from Al arrived today. The packing was magnificent. I learned a few things about how to pack and ship fish that will come in handy in the future.

But the fish are the main thing. They are all the picture of health. The quality is obvious. I love them. I can't stop staring at their tank.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

I’m happy for you Liz and now that you have your computer back I think pictures would be nice. That way we can drool along with you! Do you see any color yet or are they too young? Are you planning on an interesting cross?
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

I want to cross them with the babies I have from my show quality domestic RSG and his wife who committed suicide. She was a Blue Scorpion. My babies are a bit older and larger but in a month or so I will put them together.

Al's fish just came in this afternoon. I gave them a bit of food this evening. They went for it in a big way. They are very active. It's not fair to the fish to post pics of them on their first day out of their bags. I will post pics tomorrow.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

RSG? I know I’m going to feel stupid but it’s late and I’m too tired to search. I guess you’ll have to take a pic of him too. It’s probably better if you take pics tomorrow so I don’t drool on my pillow tonight.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Patty, I got so involved with trying to get good pics of my kids from Al that I forgot about my daddy RSG. He's the big fish in behind his son in post 19 of this thread http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...tank-pics-here! I'll see what I can get in the morning, but he's an old guy now. He's not the stunner he was when he was young.

Picturing Al's babies was quite the challenge. For some reason my camera had trouble focusing on them. I added another light and finally got a few but they're not good enough to post. Well, there's a nice pic of one little fish that I'll up load. I'll try again on them tomorrow as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    RSG?
    Red Spotted Green Patty

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast