ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hello from Bend, Oregon!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dylan

Default Hello from Bend, Oregon!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Dylan, and I’m a long time fish keeper (salt and freshwater) who is just now venturing into the word of discus. I’ve followed the forum for some time and figured it’d be a great idea to connect with everyone here!

I’m currently in Bend, Oregon, and would love to meet any fellow enthusiasts or BREEDERS in the area. I want to make sure I start off with wonderful high quality Discus.

Blessings,
    Dylan

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: Hello from Bend, Oregon!

I have had discus in the past (raised a batch from dime size to between five and seven inches... some were five plus and some were seven inches); I guess that makes me an enthusiast.

So welcome from Boardman, Oregon (head north on 97, then east on I-84) out here in the desert.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dylan

Hey there! You’re way up near Washington! Great to heard from you. I bet it’s pretty awesome to have a while batch of discus that you need swimming around!

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Welcome to Simply Discus, I'm far from Oregon but plenty pleased to have you on board!

Real Name
    Patty

Hi Dylan,
    I’m in the other corner of the States, Florida, but wanted to welcome you to simply discus. You’ve done your homework wanting to start with good quality discus.
    I had a batched shipped to me. I’d never done that, but since that first time I’ve shipped several times. I only had 1 problem which I solved by choosing any day but Friday for receiving fish. Looking forward to seeing another person become addicted to these fish. God help us! Ha ha
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    Hi Dylan,
    I’m in the other corner of the States, Florida, but wanted to welcome you to simply discus. You’ve done your homework wanting to start with good quality discus.
    I had a batched shipped to me. I’d never done that, but since that first time I’ve shipped several times. I only had 1 problem which I solved by choosing any day but Friday for receiving fish. Looking forward to seeing another person become addicted to these fish. God help us! Ha ha
    Patty
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Dylan and welcome to Simply. I am on the other side of the states also but glad to have you here. Tell us about your tank(s) and what your discus desires are? Have you settled on a discus supplier?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Dylan and welcome to Simply. I am on the other side of the states also but glad to have you here. Tell us about your tank(s) and what your discus desires are? Have you settled on a discus supplier?
    Pat
    Hey Pat! Thanks for the welcome!

Used to have many more tanks, but my only one currently is a 55 gal planted tank with a few neons. I was planning on getting a 90 gal+, but my wonderful wife put a stop to that. she’s yet to be converted. (Working on it) so I’d love a little school of discus. Haven’t found a supplier yet. I really would love someone more local. Party due to shipping costs but mostly because I’d much rather be able to see the discus and meet the breeder physically before purchasing. Once I get the discus really dialed in, I’d love to add a few other fish to the tank to create a community.

Ive really been diving into new techniques to keep top notch water quality. So that will obviously be my main focus when first starting with the world of discus.