AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jehmco.com

Default Jehmco.com

I want to give a big shout out to Jehmco.com . I have been using them for various supplies for years and they have always been incredibly easy to deal with, professional, fairly priced and quick to Ship. Fishfood, shipping supplies, hatchery supplies and medications. They have it all.

I ordered this past Thursday.. I received Friday. It helps that they are in NJ and I am in CT... but even still. They just really are great to deal with. On my "Businesses to do Business with scale" they are topnotch.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Jehmco.com

The seem to be a family type organization that is friendly and knowledgeable. I've always had good luck with them!!

I buy everything I can from them. I always buy my heaters from them. Their air pumps are so good that I will never have to buy another.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Frank

Agreed. New customer as of last month but top notch.

Just wait until you get to know them over the phone. They are wonderful! Since I an worthless when it comes to numbers they translate grams per liter into spoonfuls to 10 gallons for me when I buy meds. Can you think of any other place where one, they have the meds you need, and then go to the trouble of doing math for a dummy. It takes them time because one must be careful when it comes to dosing meds. Once I know I keep their formula for ever but twice they have had to experiment and call me back. That's not just good customer, it is true kindness.
    Mama Bear

Agreed....a great place to do business... wonderful folks, knowledgeable, and a timely place to order your needs.....#1 ..it's my 'go to' place....
    http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

Real Name
    Mervin

They even ship meds to Canada.Even at the exchange rate and shipping is way cheaper than what I can find here.

Real Name
    Patty

I just stocked up on some meds from Jehmco after reading a post here. Excellent service, but I’m disappointed that they no longer carry Levamisole as I wanted to stock up and the representative didn’t know of an alternate med. They know us and how we are about our discus though and really go the extra mile.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I buy everything I can from them. I always buy my heaters from them. Their air pumps are so good that I will never have to buy another.

Good to know Liz, I’m wanting to buy a new heater and see the same old crap at my lfs. What brand do you like?
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

My personal experience is that the more expensive they are the more things go wrong with them. I like the WON heaters. (I think that Jehmco has their own name for them but if you ask for a WON they will know which one you're talking about). The one caveat with if they have the slightest exposure to air they will break so I use one that has an auto shut off if the water level gets below it in my water storage containers. I found that out the hard way.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

My personal experience is that the more expensive they are the more things go wrong with them. I like the WON heaters. (I think that Jehmco has their own name for them but if you ask for a WON they will know which one you're talking about). The one caveat with if they have the slightest exposure to air they will break so I use one that has an auto shut off if the water level gets below it in my water storage containers. I found that out the hard way.
    These are the glass heaters? I haven't used them.

Yes they are. I stumbled upon them when I got disgusted with expensive filters failing on me. They are dirt cheap and more reliable than many. As you know, all heaters fail eventually so it's good to have a backup on hand.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Yes they are. I stumbled upon them when I got disgusted with expensive filters failing on me. They are dirt cheap and more reliable than many. As you know, all heaters fail eventually so it's good to have a backup on hand.
    Good to know. I used to use nothing but WON titaniums until they cooked all my fish. I may get some glass ones for a back up...

I never used the WON titanium's. I tried another brand when titanium's first came out. It was years ago but I bought a ton of them and none of them lasted. Only one clicked to constant on, though. Once was enough. The fish can stand a bit of a chill, but you for sure can't cook them. ') My worst experience was when one of my Stealth heaters tried to set my house on fire.

In the 5 years I've been using the WON's I have had only one fail on me for no apparent reason, and it failed by not going on. My hand in the water during WC told me. The fish did fine and didn't need babying of any kind. Try some. If you don't like them you won'r be wasting a lot of money, They're cheap!
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Frank

Where do you purchase levamisole from? JEHMCO does not sell it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast