AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the Forum

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: New to the Forum

I think a purist would simply call the group Browns.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Default Re: Discus Grow Out Challenger Contest 2018

Quote Originally Posted by taneal1 View Post
    I emailed him to inquire what he currently has, or usually gets for Heckels. He responded that he gets tank-bred "Red Ica Heckels" but he won't have another batch until January. I told him that was fine as I am still researching.

Thanks for checking him out, Pat. Doesn't sound like a place I want to do biz with.

The sponsors listed for this site don't have much in the way of "Wilds" - especially Heckels. What do you think of Jack Wattley? He has most of the 'wilds' and
    some Heckels. The Heckels are 5"-6" and a bit more expensive than I'd like. I'd prefer to get 3" to keep the price down. Since this will be my first discus tank, I may lose them all...

Tom
    Ever since I had my bad experience with the "discus guys" I started to purchase all my discus from Jack Wattley. However, I had to medicate my current batch of fry. Fortunately, I can tell you that he does go out of his way to fix the issues. As soon as I told him my fish had some type of fungus, I texted him and he immediately prepared a formaldehyde concoction and he gave it to me free of charge. I can text him whenever and he answers almost instantly. His customer services exceeds most companies that I have dealt with.

I must say that he does get some nice looking wilds.
    Last edited by Mando; 12-20-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Registered Member

Default Re: New to the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    I think a purist would simply call the group Browns.
    Pat
    That's what I'm going to do.

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus Grow Out Challenger Contest 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    Ever since I had my bad experience with the "discus guys" I started to purchase all my discus from Jack Wattley. However, I had to medicate my current batch of fry. Fortunately, I can tell you that he does go out of his way to fix the issues. As soon as I told him my fish had some type of fungus, I texted him and he immediately prepared a formaldehyde concoction and he gave it to me free of charge. I can text him whenever and he answers almost instantly. His customer services exceeds most companies that I have dealt with.

I must say that he does get some nice looking wilds.

Thanks Mando,

Your info is VERY much appreciated. Did you purchase some fry from Wattley? What size were they?

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12