ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How's this for home living in the country?

Default Re: How's this for home living in the country?

Hmmm, the Epsom salts is been a good idea. I always keep some on hand for the fish. It's ancient, but I don't think it matters. I don't like showers. It's always a good hot bath for me.

I grew up with upper middle class parents but was never comfortable in that life. I just didn't get all the social climbing and the putting on airs stuff. I never fit in. I'm sure that I would love living in Alaska but I had enough of cold weather when I lived in Albany NY. I prefer to sweat than freeze. I found some acreage out in the sticks in Mississippi 45 years ago where I could live my dream.
    Mama Bear

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Default Re: How's this for home living in the country?

Liz.

Just stumbled upon this! Good on you! I lived in the Albany NY area (North Greenbush) for about 15 years myself... But I went further south than you to escape..... Mexico! But now I'm in Arizona more.

I am impressed by your independence! I spent my teen years on a farm in Nebraska and you definitely have that homesteader spirit!

Al's repair reminds me of what I see in Mexico quite often. Bicycle innertubes wound tight around a pipe is a common repair in those parts!

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing!
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12