ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannabidiol and THC

Real Name
    Mervin

Default Cannabidiol and THC

Has anyone else tried CBD and if so what for and do you get any therapeutic benefits from the product.Also what strength are you using and if you're combining it with THC.I just started using CBD powder and just after 10 doses I can make a fist and have a grip,something I couldn't do a few weeks ago without hurting.I can got a ring on a finger now,which I couldn't before.Seems like my eye site is better at times.Not sure if it's the placebo effect or not but the swelling and pain sure seems to have subsided.Also,I feel more at ease.My dosage is a bit high at 80mg THC and 55mg CBD.Plus I smoke and vape on top of that.

Registered Member

Default Re: Cannabidiol and THC

Interesting thread

I have a brother that swears by it, but I am skeptical... If you read what it is reported to treat its pretty unbelievable. Its even supposed to cure cancer. I will say this, though I know its reported to not have bad side effects , Its definitely had a negative effect on my brothers personality and attitude towards things.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Mervin

Personality and attitude change/negative effect.Things like this is what I'm interested in.Can you explain/tell me more?I just started eating this CBD and have never eaten cannabis before it came legal,but have smoked it in the past.I did find that dosage a bit high so I made more caps half that strength 40:40mg.I do find that the high dose of CBD counteracts the THC and you don't have as much of a euphoria.I'm 64 yrs and have arthritis and pain comes with that.I tried many other medications,all of which had side effects and some were right down dangerous.I thought this might be the safest bit since they is no overdose and seemed to me a substance safer than aspirin.It sure seems to be working so far.The reason I mentioned it here is that I wanted to find real people and their experiences and I check this site out every day.

Registered Member

Sounds like it is helping you. I do not smoke weed. I can't, it is just too potent for me. My son said he would buy me some with a high CBD with low THC, just to see if it helps me chill a bit. I tried it, and it indeed made me relax with none of the "high" that comes with the THC. I haven't had any in a few weeks and don't know if I will get more ,but it did seem to let me relax and not worry about things so much.lol. Here in St.John's the outlets are always running out and people are getting annoyed with the sellers not ever having enough on hand. If you see that it helps you, that's great.

Real Name
    Frank

The media wants everyone to accept it so they are pushing the so-called benefits. I am skeptical.

Registered Member

I know a few potheads and they"can't" live without their weed. Just to add, if they feel they "need" it ,fine and dandy,nothing to me. But looking from the outside I seem to think that potheads don't see or chose to ignore the negative side effects of it with regards to their everyday interactions and "living" if you know what I mean. Sorry I know this is off topic. Again the CBD VS low THC may be exactly what I need.
    Last edited by megatrev62; 12-17-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Registered Member

Raising fry at the moment and it could certainly help with that...lol.

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

You mean to give the fry the munchies or for you to chill?
    My discus are not fat...just big fish-boned

Personality and attitude change/negative effect.Things like this is what I'm interested in.Can you explain/tell me more?
    Obviously this is not scientific on my part. Its made him at times combative, other times its made him distant and self absorbed. I should say its not that these were drastic changes in him, he had these tendencies before, but its exacerbated them. Its also literally all's he thinks about. He was taking it for pain...

hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Just finshed 3yrs. of a cemo cocktail and i know both thc & cbd help thru the pain & s*%t feeings. A sliced & diced back,2 metal knees & the big C if it wasen't for this combo i would be a drug addict.I can get all the opiads i need but what is worse?

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerschh2 View Post
    Just finshed 3yrs. of a cemo cocktail and i know both thc & cbd help thru the pain & s*%t feeings. A sliced & diced back,2 metal knees & the big C if it wasen't for this combo i would be a drug addict.I can get all the opiads i need but what is worse?
    Harry, THanks for the first hand info!

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    You mean to give the fry the munchies or for you to chill?
    Lol

Real Name
    Mervin

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerschh2 View Post
    I too tried the cannabis flower after surgery and metal placements.The opioids and nerve agents(more pain killers) that the doctor prescribed weren't doing the job and I felt like a literal drunk on that stiff.I had to feel a strong euphoria on the opioids before it would even take an effect.One evening I was sitting on the coach with a pounding,throbbing foot pain;smoked some cannabis and wham the throbbing pain was gone,instantly.Next day back to Dr. and asked her to hook me up with a real pain Doctor,so I could get a prescription for cannabis;that was four years ago and I'm glad that I got away from those dangerous drugs that the first doctor had me on.By the way that short a period and I was already becoming addicted to these pain meds.I found that out when I tried quitting cold turkey.So,I began to watch you tube and came across this Doctor Raphael Mechulaumand from Isreal.I watched many of his documentaries.

Real Name
    Mervin

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I have a brother that swears by it, but I am skeptical... If you read what it is reported to treat its pretty unbelievable. Its even supposed to cure cancer. I will say this, though I know its reported to not have bad side effects , Its definitely had a negative effect on my brothers personality and attitude towards things.

al
    Can't blame you for being skeptical.Not many trails on cannabis and cancer,if any..The cancer one is hard to believe.No studies there.I know of one of those so called cures,but just maybe his cancer would have gone away on it's own anyway.But some studies are being made.I watched this video yesterday.If you think it's a worth while video here it is.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD1ZF0dE5nw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast